Dire Straits Re-Master [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dire Straits Re-Master

poppachubby
10-30-2009, 04:17 PM
New Dire Straits vinyl coming in December...

Mark Knopfler's spare, tasteful guitar lines and distinctive vocals mark their self-titled debut album of bluesy tunes that even on first listen, sound as if you've just wandered into a local pub to hear a great rock band over a beer. Thanks to the Top 10 hit "Sultans of Swing," Dire Straits was a major success in both Britain and America, with the single and album climbing into the Top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic.

1. Down To The Waterline
2. Water Of Love
3. Setting Me Up
4. Six Blade Knife
5. Southbound Again
6. Sultans Of Swing
7. In The Gallery
8. Wild West End
9. Lions

Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog master tapes. Pressed at Pallas in Germany on 180-gram vinyl.

I'm there!!

Luvin Da Blues
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I absolutely love Mark and the boys. You should check out his solo stuff if your not familiar with it. It only gets better.

thekid
10-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Geez the original recordings seem very well engineered. Not sure what can be gained in a re-master. I often use my "Brothers in Arms" CD as a reference disc when testing gear.

Luvin Da Blues
10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Geez the original recordings sem very well engineered. Not sure what can be gained in a re-master. I often use my "Brothers in Arms" CD as a reference disc when testing gear.

Funny, I kinda use my DS ' On Every Street' for this.