Gov't Mule - By a Thread (New Release) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gov't Mule - By a Thread (New Release)

poppachubby
10-27-2009, 07:14 AM
What can I say, this album is amazing from start to finish. They have a new bass player which adds an exciting and different dynamic. Same great songwriting and musicianship with a new dimension.

There is a harder edge throughout most of this record. The ryhthm section is right on time employing tricky signatures and changes.

I'm thrilled, and at this late point of the year, am quite sure this will make my top 10 best releases for 09.

Get your hands on this one and good luck not wearing out your rewind.

http://www.bandsthatjam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/gmcd20.jpg

Hyfi
10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the Rave Rec! I love me some mule.

Finch Platte
10-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I've listened to it (http://rapidshare.com/files/293069161/Gov_t_Mule-By_A_Thread-2009.rar) a couple of times, and I like them live a hell of a lot more.

Still, I'm glad they're using the keys on this disc, and the new guy has a killer tone.

poppachubby
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Finch Platte] I like them live a hell of a lot more.

QUOTE]

Sure, but as far as recordings go, this is a great one with some really great songs. You can feel the new breath of life that's in the band. I'll be looking for tour dates for sure!

blackraven
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I've always liked them!

kexodusc
10-27-2009, 05:00 PM
These guys are on auto-buy for me...haven't heard this one yet, but I agree with Finch, they are much better live. Still, studio Mule is better than no Mule at all...

poppachubby
10-28-2009, 03:42 AM
I've got this on right now. 320 kbps MP3, through the dac and into my headphone amp. From here, into the loving arms of my K240S.

I know you guys are all about the live Mule, but this album has a real "new" sound to it. The bass is just awesome, my cans absolutely love it, just sounds great.

I'm on my 5th listen, the Wolfmother is getting jealous....

Hyfi
10-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Yeah, on my 3rd spin now, Forevermore is a great tribute to Hendrix.
This is one of the years best disks for me, really enjoying it. Overall as good as any other mule disk but i wish they would lighten up on the vocals and just play more. I also like the bits of reggae they have in places.

Thanks Finch!

poppachubby
10-28-2009, 06:06 AM
Yeah, on my 3rd spin now, Forevermore is a great tribute to Hendrix.
This is one of the years best disks for me, really enjoying it. Overall as good as any other mule disk but i wish they would lighten up on the vocals and just play more. I also like the bits of reggae they have in places.

Thanks Finch!

I'm with you on that Hyfi...

Finch Platte
10-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Surprised that no one has mentioned Billy Gibbons on the first track. When he solos, it's like all of his ZZ Top solos rolled into one.

No new tricks, Billy? :sosp: