What is your system for? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is your system for?

Knightwick
10-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Hi All
You know what I like about this place? There are a lot of people on here that have truley awesome systems! They help out anybody that has questions, doesn't matter if your system is small or large. I've built my own system with what little money I get to spare.
What I really care about is how clear the sound is. I would never get on here and get jealous over the equipment other people have. I'm glad when anyone can get something new to listen to and enjoy.
Think of the magic here! Something so beautiful can come through your speakers and you can't see it and you can't touch it but you can sure hear it and feel it!

So I feel no matter what your system is kick back and take a look at it and don't forget to turn it on. Turn the volume up and enjoy what so many people will never understand.
Peace to all of you that read this.
Knightwick

Hyfi
10-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Nice post and a good reminder to some.

rob_a
10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Good post Knightwick!

After all, it is the sound and ones enjoyment that makes a great system. We can talk number all we want; how much money we spent, how many watts we are pushing, ect.. But remember, it is the joyful noise! That is what we at this forum are really in love with
.:14:

blackraven
10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
My system was to woo chicks and have sex! That was back in my college days. Now its to relax with my wife and seduce her!!

Knightwick
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
My system was to woo chicks and have sex! That was back in my college days. Now its to relax with my wife and seduce her!!

That's a great way to use music!!!..lol..

poppachubby
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM

I think you mean "try to"....lol....married 3 years.

Here's my system, "vintage", junk, lo-fi, mid-fi, legendary, classic, a mix of new and old, blasphemy....call it what you want , I love it!

Citizen JSA 8
Realistic 31-2118A
Technics SL-Q2/Ortofon 2M Red/Bellari VP 130
Sony CDP-C315
Pioneer PL 516
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum/Firestone Spitfire 24b/96khz
Avant 715
Acoustic Research RCA connects
Rocketfish Digital connects
Ultralink Challenger 2 Speaker connects

Listening Room:
HK 930 Twin
HK T35C/Grado DJ 100/Shure M65
EA PA2V2/AKG K240S
JBL L110
Acoustic Research RCA connects
Ultralink Challenger 2 Speaker connects

blackraven
10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I like it when I come home from work on a friday or saturday evening and my wife is sitting in the family room with the stereo blasting so loud you can hear it in the street. She's sitting there drinking Margarita's or dancing around the room and I know its going to be a fun evening!

dakatabg
10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
My system is to enjoy the music and the deep bass!

JoeE SP9
10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
My system is for drowning out my truly awful singing!
Seriously, it's for the music. I don't change gear often but I buy LP's and CD's constantly. It also helps in the seducing females department.

JoeE SP9
10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I like it when I come home from work on a friday or saturday evening and my wife is sitting in the family room with the stereo blasting so loud you can hear it in the street. She's sitting there drinking Margarita's or dancing around the room and I know its going to be a fun evening!

Your wife lets you have your system so she can seduce you.:ihih: You lucky dog!:prrr:

blackraven
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I've got a great wife. She knew I wanted Magnepans for years. She bought me the MMG's as a surprise and then took me to upgrade to the MG3.6's but I decided to save the money and go with the 1.6's, a decision that I regret today.

JoeE SP9
10-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I've got a great wife. She knew I wanted Magnepans for years. She bought me the MMG's as a surprise and then took me to upgrade to the MG3.6's but I decided to save the money and go with the 1.6's, a decision that I regret today.

You are a very fortunate guy. Your wife sounds quite wonderful.
It may not be too late for the 3.6R's. It's at least worth a shot. They are a lot better than the 1.6's. But then you already know that. Think trade in!

frahengeo
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi All
You know what I like about this place? There are a lot of people on here that have truley awesome systems! They help out anybody that has questions, doesn't matter if your system is small or large. I've built my own system with what little money I get to spare.
What I really care about is how clear the sound is. I would never get on here and get jealous over the equipment other people have. I'm glad when anyone can get something new to listen to and enjoy.
Think of the magic here! Something so beautiful can come through your speakers and you can't see it and you can't touch it but you can sure hear it and feel it!

So I feel no matter what your system is kick back and take a look at it and don't forget to turn it on. Turn the volume up and enjoy what so many people will never understand.
Peace to all of you that read this.
Knightwick

There is a similar thread trying correlate "Love of Music" with "Playback Gear". For the record, I agree with you. Not matter what your system, just enjoy the music whereever and whenever (as long as you're not disturbing others)

rob_a
10-28-2009, 10:37 AM

???? when I turn my system on, the reaction that the chicks give is always the same. They cover their ears and run out. I guess my system just doesn't have what it takes to wow the babes. Or maybe I should stop playing Nine Inch Nails "Closer" at full volume. :5:

Worf101
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
My systems are most for "the awe and mystery" of Home Theatre. The ole battle axe said just last weekend when we were watching "The Watchmen" that, at first, she thought the 52" screen an unnecessary extravagance, now she wouldn't trade it for the world. It does fairly well with music too. LOL

Da Worfster

Audioman00
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
hell ya brutha! rock on!