Toshiba Bdx2000 Blu-ray ? Anyone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Bdx2000 Blu-ray ? Anyone

winston
10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
IF YOU CANT BEAT 'EM................JOIN 'EM
well after the lost..to blu-ray And the mourning period is over INTO THE BLU THEY WENT!!...with there first-gen model. it's said to covers's all the basis BDX2000

if interested check here...www.toshiba.com

Johnny B. Galt
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Saw a blurb on it in the latest issue of Sound and Vision. I'll be interested to see a full review. I generally like Toshiba products but am hesitant about it being their FIRST attempt at BR. I'm actually thinking about trying to track down another Toshiba HD-DVD player to keep as a spare. I went HD-DVD before the white flag was raised and have about 25 movies that I don't want to orphan...

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
They brought nothing to the table with this offering, and they were late as well. I own three HD-DVD players, but I sold most of my movies. Since every exclusive movie they had came out with a lossless soundtrack (as opposed to the DD+ tracks HD DVD offered) I bought the Blu-ray copy, and sold my HD DVD copy. Since I sold early, I didn't lose very much money, and some titles actually made money because I bought at discount, and sold for a higher price.

If Toshiba was really interested in making a splash, introduce a hybrid HD-DVD/Bluray player with XDE and the cell based up conversion algorithm. That would have been a statement.

I can say one thing about my HD-DVD players. Once all of the firmware upgrades were installed and the player operation became stable, they make one damn good DVD player.

pixelthis
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't buy a Toshiba alarm clock.
Rather ride on a plane built in Russia.:1:

winston
10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't buy a Toshiba alarm clock.
Rather ride on a plane built in Russia.:1:

Well Pix” that was a killer dump” you put on Toshiba “….well lets see what happen this time around as they had enough time to get their act together and correct all the mistakes they made in the pass with the HD line, and especially the HD-XA1… so hopefully this BDX2000 maybe playable!! And comes with all the necessary firmware’s

pixelthis
10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Well Pix” that was a killer dump” you put on Toshiba “….well lets see what happen this time around as they had enough time to get their act together and correct all the mistakes they made in the pass with the HD line, and especially the HD-XA1… so hopefully this BDX2000 maybe playable!! And comes with all the necessary firmware’s

Sorry you misunderstand me.
Its not just this latest imitaton of a third word product...
I hate and despise Toshiba and absolute dreck they put out.
everything, and I mean everything I have ever bought from Toshiba has underperformed or broke, a stellar 100% suckage record .
I prefer Sanyo over these guys, and thats saying a lot.:1: