RF-remote Receiver to use 9 spkrs in multi rooms? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RF-remote Receiver to use 9 spkrs in multi rooms?

mike280z
03-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Hello, I have a problem.

I have 2 areas in my house that I'll being powering speakers to. My family room will have a total of 5 speakers, and the second area is my kitchen & dining room, which will have a total of 4 speakers (2 in each room). So, I'll have 9 speakers throughout my house & I'll want to control the 2 area's inputs separately using a RF remote (that will come with the receiver I'll be buying). For example, I may want to watch a DVD in the family room and use the CD player in the second area. And I will need the receiver via RF-remote to separately control the volume of the 3 sets of speakers: the 5 in Family room, the 2 in kitchen & the 2 in the dining room.

Do they sell such a receiver? If yes, is it affordable?

If not, should I buy 2 receivers? Or reduce the number of speakers in the family room to 2 speakers?

What do you think?

Thanks, Mike

Tarheel_
03-25-2004, 09:42 AM
my experience is with the HK line of receivers. I own the HK 525 (2003) model and it allows me to watch a DVD or TV in 5.1, and power a pair of speakers in another room, which you can control discretely. Example, i watch a dvd in 5.1 in my family room while listening to the CD player on the deck. HK even supplies a 2nd remote to control the 2nd room. There are other options as well, but too many to discuss here. Go to their website and read. The receivers that have this feature start about $500 retail or close.
If you want more options, like you list above, i'm sure it exists and hopefully someone will chime in. Good luck.

mufj
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Hello, I have a problem.

I have 2 areas in my house that I'll being powering speakers to. My family room will have a total of 5 speakers, and the second area is my kitchen & dining room, which will have a total of 4 speakers (2 in each room). So, I'll have 9 speakers throughout my house & I'll want to control the 2 area's inputs separately using a RF remote (that will come with the receiver I'll be buying). For example, I may want to watch a DVD in the family room and use the CD player in the second area. And I will need the receiver via RF-remote to separately control the volume of the 3 sets of speakers: the 5 in Family room, the 2 in kitchen & the 2 in the dining room.

Do they sell such a receiver? If yes, is it affordable?

If not, should I buy 2 receivers? Or reduce the number of speakers in the family room to 2 speakers?

What do you think?

Thanks, Mike

I am planning on doing somthing similar. I want to have an HT in one room and speakers for music in two other rooms. I have decided on the Yamaha RXV1400. This is capable of doing two additional zones. One of these zones uses prout but the other will use an internal amplifier. This can use an independent source from your main speakers, but is not capable of 5.1 surround. I think the Denon 2803 is capable of the same thing. Check these out yourself. I would be curious on what you decide. I have not purchased anything yet so another opinion would be great. Thanks

Joe

AVMASTER
03-26-2004, 02:30 PM
theres' several ways to do what you want but the key factor is to keep it easy to operate;
the easiest solution -with RF remote- would be Bose Lifestyle 50- can be very expensive but super easy to use and high WAF
setup two separate systems- home theater receiver in family room, stereo receiver with a speaker selector and volume controls for everwhere else- costs a little more( with quality components) but easy to use
two separate systems with one specifically designed for multi-zone/source ( check out Nuvo simplese system) ---costs a little more but easy to use and more control

you've already determined what you want your system to do, now you need to ask yourself how well do you want it to do it and what r u willing to spend to do it

mike280z
03-29-2004, 06:33 AM
Any other ideas/inputs?

I thought about the Bose 50, but I'm not sure about I want to go the Bose direction.

tochab
04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
I was interested in the multiroom audio also (Home Theater in one room and then stereo out to a couple of other rooms where I have in wall/ceiling speakers and volume controls. I was looking at the Yamaha 1400 but realized I would have to add an aftermarket RF/IR Universal Remote and hope it works. I noticed JVC makes some amps that come with their own RF Remotes and was wondering if anyone was familiar with these. The two I've heard of are the JVC RX-DP9VBK and the RX-9000VBK. I would appreciate any feed back about the JVC Amps.