Blueberry Guitars [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Guitars

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Since I know we have a few guitar players here, I thought that I would post this link. Blueberry guitars are all handmade in Quebec by luthiers and artists. Guitars are actioned on ebay each month. Attached is the link to the October auction. I post this because these guitars are beautiful works of art. If you go into the description for a guitar there is a little soundbyte of the guitar being played.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Blueberry-Guitars__W0QQ_armrsZ1

3LB
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you any good yet?

ForeverAutumn
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
No. I still suck.

But I just know that I could play better with one of these guitars. :smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
No. I still suck.

But I just know that I could play better with one of these guitars. :smilewinkgrin:

Uhm... Me too.:eek6:

Swish
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
...among the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. I'm not kidding! I want my guitar to look like a guitar, but when they add all that extra crap to the head, neck and body, it just starts looking like a decoration instead of an instrument, but that's just my opinion. I'm also not a fan of tattoos, so I guess you know where I stand on ostentatious displays. I'd certainly go for that cedar 'Pure Top' though, depending on the action and intonation.

I'm really happy with my Taylor and wouldn't trade it for any other acoustic/electric. I would, however, consider any number of Martin's as well. They are about the best sounding hand-made acoustics that money can buy, and made right here in Pennsylvania. I'll prolly spring for one down the road, but I have too many irons in the fire to pull the trigger now.

Swishdaddy

ForeverAutumn
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I agree that some of those are a little too much. But I like the groove guitars and the Tiger. And there is a traditional guitar made from Koa that looks really nice. The grain of the the wood on the headstock is stunning.

What model is your Taylor? I came real close to buying a Taylor LTD made from Koa a couple of years ago, but then we bought our house and I had to put the guitar purchase on hold. Taylor has announced that they will be making some 35th anniversary limiteds from Brazilian Rosewood, I'm just waiting to see which models and the price range.

Swish
10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree that some of those are a little too much. But I like the groove guitars and the Tiger. And there is a traditional guitar made from Koa that looks really nice. The grain of the the wood on the headstock is stunning.

What model is your Taylor? I came real close to buying a Taylor LTD made from Koa a couple of years ago, but then we bought our house and I had to put the guitar purchase on hold. Taylor has announced that they will be making some 35th anniversary limiteds from Brazilian Rosewood, I'm just waiting to see which models and the price range.

...what I've heard, that wood is getting scare so you may not be able to buy one down the road, meaning they will be as rare as hen's teeth at some point.

My Taylor is the 714ce with a cedar top and Indian rosewood sides and back. It's a real beauty and plays like a dream. I usually play it unplugged but it sound great through my Fender Acoustisonic too.

ForeverAutumn
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
...what I've heard, that wood is getting scare so you may not be able to buy one down the road, meaning they will be as rare as hen's teeth at some point.

My Taylor is the 714ce with a cedar top and Indian rosewood sides and back. It's a real beauty and plays like a dream. I usually play it unplugged but it sound great through my Fender Acoustisonic too.

Now that you're saying that you have a 714ce I remember you saying that in Chicago and me drooling a bit over it. My Yamaha (25 years old this year :)) is Indian Rosewood. It sounds beautiful. My guitar teacher has offered to buy it from me but it's sentimental so I'm not selling.

I love the sound of Rosewood, but I'm giving serious thought to investing in Koa.