NAD C545BEE tracks failure [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NAD C545BEE tracks failure

sachs
10-10-2009, 07:17 AM
I have just bought a NAD C545BEE. It resulted that it cannot play some tracked continuos music parts, stopping by an instant at the transition from one track to the next, horrible trouble that spoils the listening. In the store we could realize that every NAD CD player have the same bug (at the dealer's surprise). NAD Headquarters has said that they were sending an interfase update to fix it. I do not think this is tollerable for such a component bought straight cash. Then I am planning to return it and look for one Rotel RCD06, that's double the NAD price but I hope it will perform as expected. Could you be so kind to give me some opinion at the above respects? As a matter of fact, stereo components here arround are extremely expensive when keepng in mind the per capita general income of people. Then, one has not too much possible affording priced choices inside the field of "good" components. Many thank and friendly regards.

Mr Peabody
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I recently was shopping for CD players in the c545 price range. I ended up buying an Emotiva ERC-1to try out and I knew I could borrow a c545 from a local dealer to have a shoot out. The 545 did not show the problem you mentioned. However. the shoot out was a bit one sided as the ERC-1 was far better than the c545 in every way and it costs less. The c545 did have heavier bass response but to me it was not a good thing since it made the sound too bass heavy or just out of balance.

If you need 220v you'll have to check to see if they make a version. I'd assume so but not sure. www.emotiva.com The ERC-1 really is incredible and will make you very happy if you like a lot of detail. The ERC will blow your mind if the best you've heard was the c545.

sachs
10-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I will look for an Emotive representative here arround. I havn't listened or seen it in our top of the line stores (two, really impressive). Usually they sell horribly hihg priced issues for snob guys that just have too much money. The NAD 545 bug reveals randomly only at 'some' transitions only. True thanks and sincere regards.

Mr Peabody
10-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Have you not bought any gear from the internet before?

LeRoy
10-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I had not played any music on the 545 for about a week now and just about 30 min ago I thought I would spin a disc. Much to my surprise and dismay the 545 while playing a piece would all on it's own skip to the beginning of the next track....I changed disc's and the same thing happened. So, everybody reading this post should be alert to avoid the NAD 545C not only for underwhelming performance but also for software bugs now starting to show up.

I will be talking with my audio dealer that I bought this unit from to pursue a refund even though I have had this unit for about 4-5 months now....we shall see what happens next..

I have registered with NAD and will have to send an email complaint to them once I get my password.

LeRoy

Mr Peabody
10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
This is not a good thing for NAD just as they were starting to gain some respect again.

Pretty much off the subject NAD's updated version of the Master series processor costs over $4k. This is the cost of my old Primare 31.7 and what you used to get a Krell Showcase for. I have to wonder if NAD's unit is in that league.

sachs
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi! Of course... I buy all my CD's an many books thorugh internet from abroad. But for stereo component I have to think in Customs fees (9%); shippment (a real lot...) and VAT (19%). When I liived in a free port I practically bought everything abroad. I am not in Ecuatorial Africa... (it's a joke). Many thanks for your friendly interest. Receive my most kind regards.

Have you not bought any gear from the internet before?

sachs
10-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I am very sorry for you, but it's very interesting for me to realize that's not my country that's privileged by theses abuses. It's an abuse, of course, for they are suposed to have real good quality control. Here, I am getting a real acceptable compensation for we discovered that 'ever' NAD CD player in the store have the same bug. It is not that the CD player has 'started' with it; is the coincidence of the precise CD's that have those special tracks (for NAD) that get the bug to appear. Greetings

I had not played any music on the 545 for about a week now and just about 30 min ago I thought I would spin a disc. Much to my surprise and dismay the 545 while playing a piece would all on it's own skip to the beginning of the next track....I changed disc's and the same thing happened. So, everybody reading this post should be alert to avoid the NAD 545C not only for underwhelming performance but also for software bugs now starting to show up.

I will be talking with my audio dealer that I bought this unit from to pursue a refund even though I have had this unit for about 4-5 months now....we shall see what happens next..

I have registered with NAD and will have to send an email complaint to them once I get my password.

LeRoy

Mr Peabody
10-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Well about 30% added to the cost would sure be a cause not to buy from out of country.

What other lines of audio gear do you have access to?

LeRoy
10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
This is not a good thing for NAD just as they were starting to gain some respect again.

Pretty much off the subject NAD's updated version of the Master series processor costs over $4k. This is the cost of my old Primare 31.7 and what you used to get a Krell Showcase for. I have to wonder if NAD's unit is in that league.

If they fear the cost of all the repairs or swaps NAD may have to make on the 545 and play hard ball with the customer then I think NAD reputation will go in the tank again. I called my audio dealer to alert him about the problem with the 545 and he thinks it's a transport problem. My audio dealer is going to speak with someone at NAD directly tomorrow so it's a wait and see game right now.

I checked the NAD tech support and FAQ sections on their own website and there is no mention of the problem being posted about here on this thread..... so it must either be a new problem they don't yet know about or they are keeping the problem hushed up....

I have heard Primare gear before and have high regard for their products but I don't think NAD gear is anywhere near the Primare in SQ...maybe it is but I don't think so.

LeRoy

LeRoy
10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
There was nothing special about the tracks/CD/music that was being played. I have played those CD's numerous times on the 545 and it's simple piano music...no complicated pieces or orchestra. The first track played for approx 50 sec and then jumped to track 2 ...which then played for about 2 min before jumping to track 3.

The discs had previously always played straight through without a glitch until today. Most of the tracks are under 5 min each and each track is distinct (one track does not blend into the next one).

So, I dunno what's happening but I will let you know once I find out...

Take care and thanks for posting about this problem/discovery to begin with.

LeRoy

sachs
10-11-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.fghighend.cl/ ; http://www.soundadvisors.cl/; http://www.musicworld.cl/ All them offer components from NAD up. Specially fghighend is extremely expensive: I bought them my B&W speakers during a moment of very good incomes... Many thanks for your interest. Obvious there are the usual other commercial brands as Sony, Pioneer, etc. in departments stores.
http://www.fghighend.cl/
Well about 30% added to the cost would sure be a cause not to buy from out of country.

sachs
10-11-2009, 11:29 AM
You are going to know Mr. Vagdama (NAD Canada, China?), who was postulating to send an interfaze update to fix my cash paid CD player (as it was an antivirus). I think we are in front of a real unadvertised bug; and you, my dear friend, are reading the worldwide discover of it... (ehem...)... I do not know you, but myself, at the advanced age of 72 and with a tremendous life experience (I am a therapist M.D. [psychiatrist, not syhcoanalist] and a professor of Contemporary Philosophy) "believe" in very few, not only people, but instances. This NAD anecdote means for me "menschliches allzumenschliches" ("human too human"). Friendly regards.

If they fear the cost of all the repairs or swaps NAD may have to make on the 545 and play hard ball with the customer then I think NAD reputation will go in the tank again. I called my audio dealer to alert him about the problem with the 545 and he thinks it's a transport problem. My audio dealer is going to speak with someone at NAD directly tomorrow so it's a wait and see game right now.

I checked the NAD tech support and FAQ sections on their own website and there is no mention of the problem being posted about here on this thread..... so it must either be a new problem they don't yet know about or they are keeping the problem hushed up....

I have heard Primare gear before and have high regard for their products but I don't think NAD gear is anywhere near the Primare in SQ...maybe it is but I don't think so.

LeRoy

sachs
10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.fghighend.cl/ ; http://www.soundadvisors.cl/; http://www.musicworld.cl/ All them offer components from NAD up. Specially fghighend is extremely expensive: I bought them my B&W speakers during a moment of very good incomes... Many thanks for your interest. Obvious there are the usual other commercial brands as Sony, Pioneer, etc. in departments stores.
http://www.fghighend.cl/ Also http://www.highend.cl Very unccessible...

sachs
10-11-2009, 11:47 AM
The "secret" is surely you havn't played those precise tracks with that player, for mine (that's new and in it's way back home...), fails exactly and always in the same ones. Furthermore, ALL NAD CD PLAYERS in the store failed the same and at the same tracks, no matter the price. It is I just discovered this bug and I am asking fellows to pay attention. I already got an answer from some Mr. Vadgma from NAD Headquarters that pretended to fix my bug by the installation of a harware and software interfaze update (as it was an antivirus). Finnallly, people in Chile, who know me pretty well and respect me a lot, will fix this situation next week, I hope satisfactorilly. Please let me know how will you be going in this disagreable affaire. Greetings

There was nothing special about the tracks/CD/music that was being played. I have played those CD's numerous times on the 545 and it's simple piano music...no complicated pieces or orchestra. The first track played for approx 50 sec and then jumped to track 2 ...which then played for about 2 min before jumping to track 3.

The discs had previously always played straight through without a glitch until today. Most of the tracks are under 5 min each and each track is distinct (one track does not blend into the next one).

So, I dunno what's happening but I will let you know once I find out...

Take care and thanks for posting about this problem/discovery to begin with.

LeRoy

Mr Peabody
10-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I appreciate the links but no es spanio

sachs
10-11-2009, 05:50 PM
it's a joke... you can, at least, see the pictures. greetings

I appreciate the links but no es spanio

LeRoy
11-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Yesterday, the replacement NAD 545 arrived at my local audio dealer's shop. It was a straight up replacement for the defective unit. So, far, I have encountered no problems with the new unit but I had no problems with the former unit until about 5 months after the orig purchase so....I suppose it's a wait and see game for the moment.

sachs
11-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Many, many thanks. I returned my unit and I am enjoying my "old" super CD player Sony 555 that performs' just perfect, soundless with a lot of features, except...remote power switch. Remember that mi NAD was new. Many greetings and thanks

ivyliene34
11-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi There!
This is Ivyliene!
Im new in this site!
Just keep on posting Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!....