3D TV.. ready for prime time? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3D TV.. ready for prime time?

pixelthis
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
In CHIBA JAPAN several of the new 3d TV sets were on display, ready for launch
next year.
3D has been around for quite awhile, and always considered a gimmick at best
and causing brain damage at worst(the best version, using polarized glasses,
caused severe headaches after an hour or so).
But this tech is supposed to be "new".
Been there, done that, got the TEE-SHIRT.:1:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-technology/20091006/AS.Japan.3D.TVs/

luvtolisten
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Looks like they have some heavyweights in there with Sony & Panasonic. It has to happen sometime. I just hope we don't have to wear those damn Blue Blockers:smile5: .

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
If you have not been to the theater lately and watch the 3D presentation, you are in for a treat and a half. I have seen every 3D animation film released in the theaters, and I am continually impressed at the quality and depth of the images presented. This technology for the home is equally as good, as I have seen Sony's, Pioneers and Panasonics 3D technology in Los Angeles a couple of months ago. Forget the old style of 3D, this does not give headaches, have ghosting, or loss of color.

harley .guy07
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
the main thing for me is that you don't have to put on those dork glasses to watch movies. I hope this technology does away with that. Don't know have not kept up on it.

pixelthis
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
the main thing for me is that you don't have to put on those dork glasses to watch movies. I hope this technology does away with that. Don't know have not kept up on it.

But hey, they sure look cool!.
Excepting for some huge advance in display tech, don't know how you would be able to get away from wearing glasses.:1:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
But hey, they sure look cool!.
Excepting for some huge advance in display tech, don't know how you would be able to get away from wearing glasses.:1:

There were a couple of presentation that did not include glasses, but they were not nearly as effective as the ones using the glasses. If Sony or Panasonic's 3D proposal is adopted by the BDA, glasses will be a must.

harley .guy07
10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Unless seeing the new 3d cahnges my life I dought I will be that interested in having to wear special glasses to watch movies or tv.