Mechwarrior 5 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mechwarrior 5

blackraven
10-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Any old Mechwarrior 2,3 and 4 fans here? Mechwarrior 5 will be coming out some time in the next year. Mechwarrior was one of the best video games of all time. I'm not really a video game guy but when I got my first computer in the early 1990's it came with the game Mechwarrior 2 mercenaries. I played with it from time to time. Then I had 18 weeks off work after having 2 cervical spine surgeries and didn't have much to do while I was recuperating So I got hooked on MW4 and Black Knight and online play. I became part of a 350 member online clan with people from all over the world. The team speak program was great to be able to talk to these people. I just might have to bring out the old force feedback joystick when MW5 comes out.

Here's a link to some trailers-

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mechwarrior+5&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=a-LHSq-LMImm8AatqIziCA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5#

Groundbeef
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Hell ya!

However, this better not be 'dumbed down' for the PC. The PS3 and XB360 are also getting the game. I hope that the PC version allows for Joystick/keyboard controls. If not...it's going to suck.

blackraven
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't believe that it will be dumbed down for the pc. The game was made for a PC and the past attempts for console use sucked. Thats why microsoft sold the rights to EAS who has since sold it back to activision. If it does suck you can always play the mechwarrior mod for Crysis which looks great.

Feanor
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Any old Mechwarrior 2,3 and 4 fans here? Mechwarrior 5 will be coming out some time in the next year. Mechwarrior was one of the best video games of all time. I'm not really a video game guy but when I got my first computer in the early 1990's it came with the game Mechwarrior 2 mercenaries. I played with it from time to time. Then I had 18 weeks off work after having 2 cervical spine surgeries and didn't have much to do while I was recuperating So I got hooked on MW4 and Black Knight and online play. I became part of a 350 member online clan with people from all over the world. The team speak program was great to be able to talk to these people. I just might have to bring out the old force feedback joystick when MW5 comes out.
I'm feeling old now ...

My son got pretty seriously into Mechwarrior 2 around about the time it was introduced (1995). In fact he might even have played the original verson (1989) for a time before the the '2' launch The game never really appealed to me.

I preferred the strategy game Civilization. I got into the original and Civ 2 big time; I owned Civ 3 but didn't play much. Today I fairly often play Civilization 4, Beyond the Sword. There is a later PC interation called Colonization but I haven't tried it.

blackraven
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I can relate Feanor! The appeal of MW was the online play. We had tournaments and there were rankings in the MW leagues. Except for this game I was never really into video games. I did meet some nice people though through teamspeak.