What Blue Ray Player to buy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Blue Ray Player to buy

vince.b
10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi guys nice site! I'm looking to buy a new Blue Ray player to go with my Onkyo HT-S7100 Home Theater System.The receiver is a TX - SR606. The system was purchase this past spring. I've been looking at the OPPO BDP-83 and a Sony BDP S560. Not sure if I really need to spend $500 on the OPPO, but money is not an issue. Just looking to make an educated purchase. You suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi guys nice site! I'm looking to buy a new Blue Ray player to go with my Onkyo HT-S7100 Home Theater System.The receiver is a TX - SR606. The system was purchase this past spring. I've been looking at the OPPO BDP-83 and a Sony BDP S560. Not sure if I really need to spend $500 on the OPPO, but money is not an issue. Just looking to make an educated purchase. You suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

If money is not an issue, the Oppo is the only choice for you. It is a much better player than the Sony player in so many ways.

jvc
10-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Yes, the Oppo is the way to go, especially if you are interested in sacd and dvd-a high res music discs. I hope to be getting the Oppo myself, at the end of this month.
Good luck!

The main advantage the Sony 560 has, is that it has built-in WiFi, if you need that.

harley .guy07
10-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I agree on this myself. Oppo has came out with a unit that has other companies scratching their heads due to the fact that this unit does everything at top notch levels for the same price as a better Sony or Panasonic and completely destroys them in performance. Thats my target blue ray player myself

vince.b
10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys just wanted to let you know I went with the Oppo BDP-83. Thanks for your input!