Tv Clicking [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tv Clicking

joel2762
11-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum but i'll try anyway. I have a new Sanyo tv and I noticed a little clicking noise when the tv is off. I know this seems like a weird thing but it stops when I turn the set off. has anyone else had a smiliar problem?..Does anyone know what is causing this? Is it something that should be checked out or is it normal? Thanks in advance. Sorry if it's the wrong forum :confused:

The Fenian
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum but i'll try anyway. I have a new Sanyo tv and I noticed a little clicking noise when the tv is off. I know this seems like a weird thing but it stops when I turn the set off. has anyone else had a smiliar problem?..Does anyone know what is causing this? Is it something that should be checked out or is it normal? Thanks in advance. Sorry if it's the wrong forum :confused:

....I'm sure he could help you out. He was a TV repairman for something like 83 years.

woodman
11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
Whether the set is "on" or "off", there should NOT be any clicking sounds coming from inside the set (or through the speaker either). It is most definitely not normal ... get it checked out by your warranty service provider. Furthermore, don't let any so-called "technician" try to tell you not to worry about it, 'cause it's perfectly normal ... it isn't.

woodman

P.S. The Fenian exaggerates - I was only involved in TV servicing for a little over 50 years.

joel2762
11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Yep. It's a really low clicking. I guess i'll have to get it checked out or something. I didn't think it was normal either. Thanks for the help woodman