Compare these recievers NAD - Pioneer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Compare these recievers NAD - Pioneer

flyer6464
10-03-2009, 07:03 AM
II'm looking for any help comparing these recievers NAD T762 NADT753 orthe Pioneer Elite VSX21-THX. I really want the best Audio I can get - I currently am running a Yamaha RXV 890 - But need a newer Home Theather reciever more power to the rears-
I hear the nad is much better for audio 2 channel stereo but is this really gonna be much better than the Pioneer vsx-21. If I don't get the HDMI hook-ups with the NAD or some ofthe other Pioneer HT bells and whistles I think I'll be allright as long as the sound for music will be much better than the Pioneer vsx-21 --Any thoughts on which way to go -
In other words - pre owned NAD 80watts per channel vs the new Pioneer Elite 100 watts per channel?

harley .guy07
10-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I have heard really good things on Pioneers Elite line of recievers as far as sound quality goes. I am less knowledgable on how the NAD stacks up against the Elite stuff but If home theater is also important I would not give up any features. I would keep looking for a unit that has the features your want and the sound quality you crave. Good luck

blackraven
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Go with the NAD, warmer sound and will put out its rated current and it probably has more dynamic power. Most NAD amps have great transient dynamic power or peak power. I would also consider going with an new Onkyo 607 or 707 to get all the latest bells and whistles for HT.

Also check out this site for NAD gear and look at the tremendous deals on Demo Integra receivers.

http://www.saturdayaudio.com/

I've bought from them before and they are reputable.

Rudy Gireyev
10-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey flyer. Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. However, here is a link to a very thorough discussion of VSX by its owners on AVSFORUMS:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1179632&highlight=elite+vsx21

Additionally if you search for NAD T762 on that same forum it seems like a lot of people have had problems with the brand/model. As far as it dying or malfunctioning. So if you go that route, seems like a warranty of some kind is a very good idea, if it is in fact as unreliable as it appears to be.

Rudy

E-Stat
10-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Additionally if you search for NAD T762 on that same forum it seems like a lot of people have had problems with the brand/model.
Interesting. My T763 gets daily use and hasn't had any problems in over six years. I'm quite please with it.

rw