Do I need a bulb [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a bulb

Mingus
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I have a Samsung 50" rear projection tv. It seems that through the years the screen is getting dimmer. Is it time to change the bulb.

02audionoob
10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I have a Samsung 50" rear projection tv. It seems that through the years the screen is getting dimmer. Is it time to change the bulb.

The analog rear-projection TV sets have three...red, green and blue. I understand they cost well over $200 each.

Mingus
10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow! that's a lot of bulb to buy. I thought all I need was one bulb for this DLP, 720p unit, rear projection unit..

Rich-n-Texas
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Go here:

http://www.dlplampsource.com/

If your TV takes longer than what you're used to to bring up a picture, it's probably time to change the bulb. I recently bought one from the above source, and my picture is now back to what I used to see.

02audionoob
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow! that's a lot of bulb to buy. I thought all I need was one bulb for this DLP, 720p unit, rear projection unit..
I didn't realize you were talking about DLP. That's why I made it a point to indicate I was referring to analog...in case you weren't. Three is for analog. DLP is one, like the ones Rich linked.

pixelthis
10-05-2009, 10:25 PM

Its easy to tell when you need a new bulb for a DLP...
NO PICTURE.
The bulbs are so expensive (cash flow for the manufacturer) that you need to run one till it blows.
I would have a spare on standby, tho:1:

pixelthis
10-05-2009, 10:26 PM
If the screen is getting dimmer you might try cleaning it.:1:

Rich-n-Texas
10-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Two completely useless posts by dumbass. :rolleyes5:

Mingus, you didn't provide us with much info about your TV (model #), but I'm assuming that since it's a 720p TV, it's an older set with only one bulb. Your owners manual should have a procedure for changing the bulb, and be extra careful not to touch the lense on the new one.

pixelthis
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Two completely useless posts by dumbass. :rolleyes5:

Mingus, you didn't provide us with much info about your TV (model #), but I'm assuming that since it's a 720p TV, it's an older set with only one bulb. Your owners manual should have a procedure for changing the bulb, and be extra careful not to touch the lense on the new one.

Also read the part where you can DIE if you change and disdpose of it improperly.
A useless post? You oughta know about useless.
Just stating the obvious.
In every post.
Why spend 200 bucks if you dont need to ?
And you call me a dumbass.:1:

Mingus
10-07-2009, 06:53 AM
This is a 50" Samsung DLP, 720P unit. I had it for about three + years. I am going to try to clean the lens to see if this helps. In the meantime I have order the lamp w/housing from Samsung for $129. If the tv improves after cleaning the lens then I will use the new lamp as a backup.

The question I have is when they say clean the lens do they mean the bulb.

Rich-n-Texas
10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Also read the part where you can DIE if you change and disdpose of it improperly.
Doesn't say anything about dieing in my manual dumbass. Do you have a DLP TV? Oh that's right, you don't so STFU.

A useless post? You oughta know about useless.
No, two useless posts.

Just stating the obvious.
Yeah, me too.

In every post.
You're a legend in your own simple mind!

Why spend 200 bucks if you dont need to ?
Got a link to a $200 bulb? Didn't think so. Dumbass. BTW, my new bulb came to me with free 2nd day shipping, and same with the old bulb return. Disposed of properly, no fuss, no muss.

And you call me a dumbass.:1:
Why yes, yes I do. Why do you keep repeating that statement? Oh wait... nevermind. :rolleyes:

pixelthis
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
This is a 50" Samsung DLP, 720P unit. I had it for about three + years. I am going to try to clean the lens to see if this helps. In the meantime I have order the lamp w/housing from Samsung for $129. If the tv improves after cleaning the lens then I will use the new lamp as a backup.

The question I have is when they say clean the lens do they mean the bulb.

Never touch the bulb in these things, especially with your fingers, the grease causes hotspots and burn-through.:1:

pixelthis
10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Doesn't say anything about dieing in my manual dumbass. Do you have a DLP TV? Oh that's right, you don't so STFU.

Read the manual to an RCA DLP, says you can DIE from changing the bulb, also talks about the fact that Mercury is in these bulbs, a toxic substance, pretty much like your personality

You're a legend in your own simple mind!

At least mine still functions

Got a link to a $200 bulb? Didn't think so. Dumbass. BTW, my new bulb came to me with free 2nd day shipping, and same with the old bulb return. Disposed of properly, no fuss, no muss.

One of the few things about you thats no fuss, no muss
And you are a tech, a TI tech (which is like being the ugliest crack ho on the corner}) but a tech nevertheless.

Why yes, yes I do. Why do you keep repeating that statement? Oh wait... nevermind. :rolleyes:[
Maybe the mods will finally get tired of your crap and ban you, but I doubt it.
Every placed needs a village idiot and you are quite entertaining in that respect.:1: