Chain: Reconstruct.....Rules!!... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chain: Reconstruct.....Rules!!...

audiobill
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Forever Autumn recently introduced me to an album I had never heard before: Chain's "Reconstruct".

Rarely, these days, am I blown away by an album from beginning, middle, to end -- this album blew me away.

In fact, I've had it playing (at least 10 listens, so far) since we got back from Cuba this past Saturday. What a treat!!

Not sure if anything has been said on the board about this CD, but FA was dead on when she compared them to Pink Floyd and others. Per se, I'm not a Proggie....but I do make exceptions.....i.e., Jethro Tull, Opeth, et al.... Suffice to say, Chain is an exception.

Question: Where do I go from now, as far as other music by Chain?? Any rec's are welcomed.

A Big thank you, Forever Autumn,
audiobill

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm glad you liked it Bill, but I have to give credit for the original rec to DarrenH. I purchased the CD in good faith based on Darren's rec. He hasn't done me wrong yet. :)

On my first listen, I felt the same as you. I couldn't stop listening and probably ran it almost exclusively for the first week that I had it. Over and over and over again. It's an awesome disk that is nothing short of brilliant.

This is one of those disks where you know it's gonna be a while before you find something this good again. So, where do you go from here? I don't know. But when you get there, let me know....I wanna be there too!

Cheers!
FA

DarrenH
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Bill,

So glad you are enjoying Chain. It's one of my current favorites. I play it constantly.

Where should you go from here? Check out Henning Pauley's side project Frameshift. The release is titled Unweaving The Rainbow.

If you like Henning's musical style and can deal with James LaBrie's vocals, then it's well worth looking into.

Darren

audiobill
03-24-2004, 05:12 PM
thanks for the exposure to The Chain. I'll definitely look into the side project -- that should keep me satiated, until their next release proper.

Keep the good music coming,
Bill