Speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker

barco3630
10-01-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm looking for a 5.1 home theater set av. 1500 euro max. that fits with the rest of my audio configuration.
An overview:

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-X4500 40"
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S500
Receiver: Sony ES STR-DA3400ES
Speakercable: Monster Standard THX-Certified Speaker Cable
HMDI cable: 2 x HDMI 1000hd Ultra-High Speed Right Angle HDMI Cable

Any idea's ? The speakers must have 8 ohm and I prefer a black coating.

I looked on several sites as Sony and KEF and Jamo but I'm overwhelmed with the amount of speakers and sometimes by the price. Maybe you guys can help me out here ?

Worf101
10-01-2009, 05:48 AM
1. Is your speaker budget (how much you can pay for speakers) 1,500 euroes or is that for the whole system?

2. You can spend 1,500 for 5 speakers (5.1 setup), Seven speakers (7.1 set up) or just 2 mains?

3. Room dimensions and layout.

With this information some folks here might be able to help.

Da Worfster

barco3630
10-02-2009, 03:28 AM
1. Is your speaker budget (how much you can pay for speakers) 1,500 euroes or is that for the whole system?

1500 euro's for the speakers. I already bought the rest of the configuration

2. You can spend 1,500 for 5 speakers (5.1 setup), Seven speakers (7.1 set up) or just 2 mains?

5.1 setup

3. Room dimensions and layout.

TV is on a big chest (chest is 90 cm in height i think) I want 2 standing speakers beside the chest and the subwoofer in the left corner (left from tv and left from front left speaker), center goes on chest and beneath tv (if it fits) and 2 back speakers left and right. Distance from tv to back speakers is about 3,5 meters I think, distance between left front and right front is 2 meters. I sit just in front of back left speaker.

harley .guy07
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
there are many companies out there that offer 5.1 cahnnel speaker packages that would be in your 1500 euroes(2200 dollar) range. The ones that come to mind would be Paradigm,Axiom,Klipsch,psb. Those are just a few there are many more brands out there and each one has a different aproach at making speakers and thus each companies speakers will have a different sound to them and thats what you will have to figure out, which sound you prefer at the budget limits you have. At that price range I would stick to stand mount speakers mostly since they will probably be of higher quality for the money and since you are wanting a subwoofer as well you most likely would be fine with stand mounts if you are in a small or mid sized room. I am not sure if you are a music listener or more of a movie/video buf but in your price range there are many options out there. I would hit the web and search out different systems out there then try to find a dealer in your area that will have a quality demo room so you can hear them and make your decisions from there.

LeRoy
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Since you list Euros as the currency then I suspect you are not residing in the USA.

My only and quick suggestion for affordable speakers with performance that belie the price is Mordaunt-Short. M.S. recently discontinued the Avant range of speakers so you should be able to get very good pricing on any of those models including floorstanders. The more recent line of M.S. speakers is Aviano and the bookshelf models from this current range should fit your budget.

Good luck with your research and selection.

LeRoy