Pro Studio Speaker (emergency) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pro Studio Speaker (emergency)

OCDAudio
09-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Can anybody id.these for me? Got a chance to buy from an ex-wife,whose ex-husband left them.(THAT anxious to get away from her no doubt)She knows nothing about them just wants them Gone.I can't find info based on pics alone.Quite far from me but I have to be in that area TOMORROW.One chance to pick-up @150.obo,or pass...
Need quick feed-back Please...

blackraven
09-30-2009, 08:35 PM
They seem similar to these.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=211479949&listingid=46669291

You can buy a new pair for $150. I would save my money and buy a good pair of speakers.

blackraven
09-30-2009, 08:40 PM
If your looking for a decent low cost pair of floor standers check these out

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENC500

or these-

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENC300

02audionoob
09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Definitely pass...unless you're going to be a DJ.

harley .guy07
09-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree with them. They look like a DJ speaker wantabe that would probably sound overdone and peaky in a house invironment. I would pass and put your 150 bones into something worth having.

OCDAudio
09-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah Thanks ... Just peaked my interest because when I spoke to her she made it clear that she just wanted them GONE at any price...Plus I was going to ask her out for an expensive Dinner and then bolt before the check came...A strike back for all us poor bastards that got raked over the coals by a Succubus from Hades...*

*see signature

OCDAudio
09-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Here it is... Her Baby Picture

harley .guy07
09-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Do understand been there myself. But the worst thing you could do is buy something from her that you would look at latter(and hear) that would make you just say WHAT THE H(*&* was I thinking!

poppachubby
10-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah Thanks ... Just peaked my interest because when I spoke to her she made it clear that she just wanted them GONE at any price...Plus I was going to ask her out for an expensive Dinner and then bolt before the check came...A strike back for all us poor bastards that got raked over the coals by a Succubus from Hades...*

*see signature

...Yes OCD, it's possible she could view the purchase as a gesture of love. Kinda like if you took her out to Red Lobster. As soon as she realizes you're not calling back...watch out! The speakers look like they could be homemade to me anyhow...if you do buy them, be prepared every time you turn them on to yell at the top of your lungs; "Party people in tha house say hoooo!!! say hoooo!!! now screeeeeaaaammm!!!!!" You get what I mean.

OCDAudio
10-02-2009, 12:39 AM
You're Phunny!Has anyone else caught the 'Double Entendre' of your handle?...Is that 'Poppa Chubby' as in 'Fat Father'? or, 'Pop A Chubby' as in, 'Squeeze a "Chubby" Until Something Gives'...? (no fun intended) Now I'm laughing...damn, wish you lived closer...have a feeling U'd be fun to hang with. Oh wait, w/o checking your profile,is that London,England... or London, West Virginia ?
To quote you..."View the purchase as a gesture of love"... extremely erudite...
Is not that the condition which befalls the neophyte prostitute? You know, the grammatically challenged type that ends all her sentences with a proposition?
Gotta stop this before I besmirch my reputation as a serious....whatever. Lets laugh some more another time!
Didn't buy the crap spkrs.,Didn't take her out to Red Lobster,(you have those in W.Virginia?) Went on a picnic instead...Took a pic to remember her by,thought I'd share..

harley .guy07
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I do rememer that some of the rent to own places used to take off brand receivers and pair them with cheapo cd players and off brand speakers that look alot like these and tried to call it a good stereo. I have seen many people buy these then end up parting them out later because they needed money or one of the components broke and they could not get it fixed because that brand did not have a service dept. to speak of. Anyway I will quit rambling and just say if you care about quality sound and component longevity I would just leave them alone.

MikeyBC
10-03-2009, 07:22 AM

*see signature

Striking back would be making her keep those horrid things !! (Really, I'm serious here)

OCDAudio
10-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I was intrigued by the ad... posted in haste...no details... in a hurry to rid herself of aforementioned "Pro-Studio" Speakers... I never heard of 'em either,that's why
I brought it here... And I know you guys have been giving kind of serious advice and counsul...But Not..."POPPACHUBBY"...
So here's the Punch-Line... and I wish I could insert her actual e-mail in the body of the text right here... I'll paraphrase... "It's not relevent at this point that I can't answer your
question about numbers on speakers because my ex came over last night and picked them up. He saw them on CL or something and didn't want me getting any money for them. Sorry for the mess.

When you stop shaking your head back and forth and mumbling something like ...Damn Dumb Stupid *****es... Go back up follow the thread to Sensei's post...he knew how it was going to turn out too...It's just so painfully FUNNY But True...

JoeE SP9
10-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I would tell her, "Give me $50 to take them away". If she said anything untoward I would say, "OK, give me $75 to take them away".