Forum Rules?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules??

OCDAudio
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Can I post a question on this forum about whether or not an item on craigslist/ebay/local ad,etc. is a good deal or not,incl.price? Thanks...Don't want to get yelled at...If I did I'd still be married...Below is a baby picture of ex-wife

rob_a
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
As long as it's related to audio/video in some way, then it’s probably OK to post. There is a selection of categories to help place your topic. Keep in mind topics are supposed to be kept in the PG genre but I know some people like to push the limits :devil:

poppachubby
09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I frequently use links to outside grey market sites. That's one great thing about belonging to AR, you have an army of experts who can judge the value of an item for you. I think what will set things off is if you try to sell on AR itself, or use AR as a launch pad for sales to an outside site. No good. Otherwise, post away!

bobsticks
09-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Can I post a question on this forum about whether or not an item on craigslist/ebay/local ad,etc. is a good deal or not,incl.price? Thanks...Don't want to get yelled at...If I did I'd still be married...Below is a baby picture of ex...pls.enlarge to read text...

Yes, you may. Questions about items, capabilities, properties, and prices are fine. Generally conflict arises when folks try to push their wares or actually sell/spam on the forum.

OCDAudio
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Need opinions on Denon AVR-3802 no experience w/ High-end stuff. Have a chance to get it for $90. OBO

JohnMichael
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Links to sites to help get a point accross or where they might be helpful are okay. If it is a first post and you link to a particular site or store my thought is you are trying to receive free advertising or promote your own business. We are here to learn from one another and not to self promote.

manlystanley
09-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Need opinions on Denon AVR-3802 no experience w/ High-end stuff. Have a chance to get it for $90. OBO

I think its a good deal.

atomicAdam
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
it is a bit of a gray area. but for the most part if your post is more about needing info, and here is link with more info about what I need info on, versus, check this out, or buy this, then it is fine.

and that baby would choke on my soul...

JSE
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Always listen to the guy in the Grass Skirt! :D

Auricauricle
10-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Always listen to the guy in the Grass Skirt! :D

....especially when he says, "Talk to the hand"!

Hyfi
10-01-2009, 05:53 AM
I got spanked a few weeks ago over at AudioKarma because I replied to a post about a Craigslist advert that happened to be my own pair of speakers.

bobsticks
10-01-2009, 06:00 AM

Hell yeah!!! If it's from a reputable seller and you have every reason to believe that it's in good condition, buy that sum*****!! Make sure you ask plenty of questions...That's a nice unit...

bobsticks
10-01-2009, 06:02 AM
...and that baby would choke on my soul...

I'm not sure I've ever read, or written, something so disturbing....

OCDAudio
10-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Always listen to the guy in the Grass Skirt! :DMost people remember MIA Farrow more than MIA POW..........