oppo blue ray player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : oppo blue ray player

harley .guy07
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
has anyone out there own or have used the new oppo blue ray player. All of the press on it is excellent and from what Audio review said it is one of the best for the money. I am wondering about its CD and sacd playback quality. I love blue ray and am interested in using this feature but I want to know how good this unit is as a music player as well since music is my primary enjoyment and video being second. Any input will be appreciated.

recoveryone
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Check Worfs' review

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
has anyone out there own or have used the new oppo blue ray player. All of the press on it is excellent and from what Audio review said it is one of the best for the money. I am wondering about its CD and sacd playback quality. I love blue ray and am interested in using this feature but I want to know how good this unit is as a music player as well since music is my primary enjoyment and video being second. Any input will be appreciated.

At the price level the Oppo is being offered for, you just can't beat it. I have two of them, and this is the best $1000 bucks I have spent to cover two home theaters with a great audio and video playback system. Can't say I would give up my PS3 though.....:nonod:

Worf101
09-30-2009, 03:38 AM
I've had mine for a hair under a month. While I had a little problem with a couple of BR disks not playing, Oppo worked with me and both were resolved, one involved a firmware upgrade, the other was simply a bad disk. The BR playback has been excellent, particularly the soundtracks in TrueHD. I don't own any DVDA's or SACD's so I do not know how the Oppo works on it first hand but all the normal CD's I've played on it sound wonderful.

Hope this helps.

Da Worfster

harley .guy07
09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys I think this unit will be a good addition to my system since I will use it for every disk based digital media and music is my main concern but also want a very good video performance ass well. And when the reviewers said that the onboard decoding is great since my yamaha is an older dd and dts unit and does not have the decoding ability of the newer units but it does have the analog inputs for outboard decoding. Again thanks for the help.