''Just Dropped In... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ''Just Dropped In...

OCDAudio
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
To See What Condition My Condition Is In"
Hello... I'm High on the Ridge in Central Florida.Glad I found Y'all, now all my problems are solved. New to all the High-Tech stuff,so I'll have dumb questions no doubt. Used to hangin' over the sink w/my crystal set grounded to the pump-handle.....JB

02audionoob
09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome. Glad to have you here. What kind of audio gear do you have?

Worf101
09-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Hello to you as well. Nice to see someone start things off with a classic lyric.

Da Worfster

bfalls
09-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Hello to you as well. Nice to see someone start things off with a classic lyric.

Da Worfster

I remember Kenny Rogers and The First Edition singing on The Smothers' Brothers Show around 1969. They had a lot of talent on their show.

manlystanley
09-29-2009, 05:57 AM
To See What Condition My Condition Is In"
Hello... I'm High on the Ridge in Central Florida.Glad I found Y'all, now all my problems are solved. New to all the High-Tech stuff,so I'll have dumb questions no doubt. Used to hangin' over the sink w/my crystal set grounded to the pump-handle.....JB

Welcome. You'll find great folks and lots of help here.

poppachubby
09-29-2009, 05:58 AM
Not everyone here has entered the present millenium quite yet, you may find some great tips on integrating new with old as well. Welcome and great handle by the way...

OCDAudio
09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Just Sayin'... More than a few of us on here no doubt...Thanks for the Welcome!
We could see how long we could keep a coherent Thread going just using Song Lyrics..hehe. I just got dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century when my 30 some year old Marantz Smoked after Hard,Loud,Daily use...Repair too costly for this Poor, Old, Broken-Down,"Rode Hard and Put-Up Wet",Mere Shadow of His Former Self. So I tried this craigslist thing. Got a Sony TA AV601 (150wpc) w/all the components,Tuna,Dual-Cass,5-CD pl.,TT,Towers w/twin 12's,Marantz 15"Towers,15"
Jensen Towers, 8" Velodyne Powered Sub,5"Sonys,2 100' rolls of good cable,Better TT (Harman-Kardon T-25)...All for just under $100.Bucks...I Love CL!!
Well Now Dammit...I'm HOOKED...Line and Sinker!
Didn't know much,now I know a little more. Nothing better to do all day...That's when my OCD kicked in. Didn't eat or sleep for almost 3 days until I had Everything up and running LOUD...Collapsed on the floor listening to a play-list off comp. w/ selections from
Bloomfield,Cooper,Stills (Super-Session) to Bach. Came to just as Hendrix was playing 'Star Spangled Banner' at Woodstock...Tripped me out...I was AT Woodstock in Aug.'69...Now have total of 13 spkrs,(incl.Sub) hooked-up...Best Audio me or any of my poor friends ever heard...Sony 601 ROCKS...got to be under-rated...some sites say 180wpc...I don't know ,Do know that at the 11:00 position on my favorite knob there's no distortion that my old ears can detect. Can't stop re-fining and up-grading... looking at a pkg. Deal on Time Frames, 250's,350's,600's,1000's...Some rich guy is moving...may have to sell the car and the Dog...Anybody that has opinion on TF's,please advise me
.....JB

rob_a
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
The time frames are classics. Good speakers if you can get them cheap, grab them.

pixelthis
09-29-2009, 02:16 PM
This thread is worthless without pics!
Here ya go.
Welcome to you and your dumb questions.:1:

OCDAudio
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
There's ALOT to be said for Good Old-Fashion 'AIR-BAGS'Show us a pic of the Front of the Car so we can see what kind of Damage Caused Them To Inflate !!:yikes:

JoeE SP9
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Howdy, and welcome aboard.