Kiwi in the house :-) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi in the house :-)

bluedog1
09-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi all have often googled audio componants and been directed here and not been able to display the page so i thought why not join :rolleyes5: .I live in the Bay of islands in New Zealand and have been into HiFi for a fair few years now love it:22:.Its going to be interesting for me to have a look at what you lot are up to on your side of the world, and see if i can offer anything to the forums cheers.:23:

poppachubby
09-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi all have often googled audio componants and been directed here and not been able to display the page so i thought why not join :rolleyes5: .I live in the Bay of islands in New Zealand and have been into HiFi for a fair few years now love it:22:.Its going to be interesting for me to have a look at what you lot are up to on your side of the world, and see if i can offer anything to the forums cheers.:23:

Hey Dog...welcome! I see you have a bit of a time difference. THere are actually a few brits on here, yanks and canucks. You will make a fine addition. Tell us about your rig.

bluedog1
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Dog...welcome! I see you have a bit of a time difference. THere are actually a few brits on here, yanks and canucks. You will make a fine addition. Tell us about your rig.
Hi guys if you are interested this is my system to date
I use a Denon AVR 4308 as my main control center it feeds a perreaux 6160 power amp tri amped for my fronts.
Into that goes an Arcam DV 139 ,mysky hdi,a panasonic bd35,Oh and a denon DP-45F turntable with a shure v15 111 cartridge, Imac g5 with all my music on it streamed vire Twonky music server to the denon.
On the out, speaker wise I have a pair of Vaf I66 as fronts and a custom built I66 center speaker which by the way is the same as the fronts but deeper but the same internal dimensions.
I am using some di pole DB dynamic speakers as surrounds and just an old pair of nec speakers as surround back until the war office gives the go ahead for my dream speakers the I93 vafs which will allow the I66 to move back.
Zone 2 out on the deck we have a pair of polk atrium 45s
A velodyne CHT-15R does the low part for movies only.
We use a samsung 55" lcd series 6 during the day and for normal TV viewing but at night a panasonic PT-AX 100E projector (Only reason I was permitted the 4308 was the twin HDMI outs te he)
I had a swamp kauri unit built to house everything looks really nice the only thing was the effect of the immense heat on the wood it made it move a little ,fixed it with 4 small fans that switch on with the 12 v trigger. When we drew it up we went off manufacturers recommendations for room around but man does the Perreaux put out some heat when you give it hurry along! I have started on interconnects but still need a heap more i am realy happy with my choise of antipodes audio katipos but for now i will need to wait, dam resesion :mad: need 6 / 1meter pairs da :frown5: .
Hopefully didn’t bore anyone too much cheers

poppachubby
09-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Wow, great list! You'll get on fine around here and can probably contribute quite a bit yourself. I have read that Australia is limited and expensive for audio gear, is New Zealand the same? Or is it all a myth?

bluedog1
09-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Wow, great list! You'll get on fine around here and can probably contribute quite a bit yourself. I have read that Australia is limited and expensive for audio gear, is New Zealand the same? Or is it all a myth?
Ummm very the buggers the arcam for example 2000pounds here $6500 da !!!:cryin: but on the up side New Zealand and Australia make some fine world classe audio components which would proably be quite cheep on that side of the world. :smile5: