Posting Pictures [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures

poppachubby
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
How can I post several pics and have them all appear full size in the thread? It seems that as soon as I post more than 1, they are only viewable by clicking on a link. However, I see some posts with guys who have 8 or 10 pics all nicely displayed...

02audionoob
09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
When you post pictures are you using the big button that says "upload/manage photos"?

poppachubby
09-26-2009, 01:44 AM
When you post pictures are you using the big button that says "upload/manage photos"?

Yes, I then unclick "add to photo gallery", and I get another window with 5 browse options to upload...once I've uploaded I close that and submit the thread.

BTW noob, my local hi-fi shop has an AMAZING collection of vintage and rare pieces. They are displayed throught the upper level, in the hallways and a couple rooms of the auditioning floor. Real impressive stuff. I am going to snap up some pics and share on here because I think people will really dig checkin this stuff out. It'll be really crappy if you have to click on each pic, I want the pics to display so everyone can scroll...

atomicAdam
09-26-2009, 06:50 AM
the best way to do it is to use the use the IMG tags.

upload you images 1st to your user gallery, then right click on the image, the largest version, and find the URL to the image. insert that URL between the IMG tags (it is the yellow and grey button with a mountain and sun in the post toolbar) and then just put your text in.

example//

text text text text text text text
[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]
text text text text text text
[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]

You can hot link any image like that.

poppachubby
09-26-2009, 09:15 AM

upload you images 1st to your user gallery, then right click on the image, the largest version, and find the URL to the image. insert that URL between the IMG tags (it is the yellow and grey button with a mountain and sun in the post toolbar) and then just put your text in.

example//

[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]
[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]

Thanks Adam, I posted in the General Area so it would be seen. Does anyone come into this area?

atomicAdam
09-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Try to for sure. But I am only human.

poppachubby
09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
OK here's a test run

Pics of my Avants before I cleaned them up
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/thumbs/DSC02389.JPG
They looked ok when I bought them but the owner had attached a cloth cover using finishing nails and some kind of adhesive which you can see (big blobs)
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/thumbs/DSC02391.JPG
one more with the cloth
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/thumbs/DSC02390.JPG

poppachubby
09-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Great!!! Thanks so much Adam, I just used the thumbnails but I understand how to get the full size on it. Fantastic, thanks for the help...headbang time!!!

02audionoob
09-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Speaking of the question as to whether anyone comes in the General section, I think some people post things specifically where their desired audience looks, even if it's off-topic. I just hit the "new posts" link and it doesn't matter which forum it's in. Apparently, that's not a common approach.

Feanor
09-28-2009, 07:09 AM

example//

[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]
[ IMG ] link [ /IMG]

The cleanest way to capture an image URL is to right click on the image you see, then select 'Properties'; then sweep & copy the Address. That can be inserted into the Insert Image pop-up or between the IMG brackets.

But note that some sites prevent copying the image or capturing the address in this way. If you really want the image, do an Alt-PrtScn, crop and save the portion you want, then you'll need to upload from you computer or place the image in Photobucket or somewhere like that where you can copy the URL. (Legal caution: some images are copywrite so proceed at you own risk.)

Luvin Da Blues
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
......... I just hit the "new posts" link and it doesn't matter which forum it's in. Apparently, that's not a common approach.

That's what I do also. Never miss any posts that way.