50 Foot Wave [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 50 Foot Wave

JimN
03-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Caught 50 Foot Wave's live in-store performance at Amoeba Records Hollywood last night. 50 Foot Wave is: Kristin Hersh (guitar, vocals), Bernard Georges (bass), and Rob Ahlers (drums). Well, all I can say is..."HOT DAMN!!" It really was a mesmerizing performance. Their CD was just released, and if you're a fan of Kristin Hersh/Throwing Muses' harder, faster material, then you won't be disappointed with it. This is definitely a band to see live, though. Don't miss 'em when they come through your town.

Jim Clark
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Kool. Have tried her solo stuff but it's just too dang boring, IMNSHO. Sounds like maybe I finally have something from her to look forward to again.

thanks for the tip.
jc

Gresh
03-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Caught 50 Foot Wave's live in-store performance at Amoeba Records Hollywood last night. 50 Foot Wave is: Kristin Hersh (guitar, vocals), Bernard Georges (bass), and Rob Ahlers (drums). Well, all I can say is..."HOT DAMN!!" It really was a mesmerizing performance. Their CD was just released, and if you're a fan of Kristin Hersh/Throwing Muses' harder, faster material, then you won't be disappointed with it. This is definitely a band to see live, though. Don't miss 'em when they come through your town.

Thanx for the head's up on this one - you cannot go wrong with Kristen Hersh. I checked out their web site - they plan on a new release every 9 months. Too bad you can't listen to some snippets of the new stuff on the site. Generally speaking though, I've never been dissapointed with a Kristen Hersh or Throwing Muses purchase.