PS Audio Cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PS Audio Cables

audiosurfer
03-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Has anyone tried these cables ?? They seem to be able to back up their claims with plenty of letters from happy customers. :D

Rockwell
03-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Has anyone tried these cables ?? They seem to be able to back up their claims with plenty of letters from happy customers. :D

No, but letters are worthless as evidence(except of gullibility). Just another scam, and their claims are ridiculous

Geoffcin
03-24-2004, 07:10 PM

Your not going to get any serious discussion here about cables. Most people here have made up their minds before even auditioning any of them.

Rockwell
03-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Your not going to get any serious discussion here about cables. Most people here have made up their minds before even auditioning any of them.

That is because there is nothing to discuss, other than basic physics. With some evidence, there might be. If PS Audio supported their unbelievable claims with anything other than hot air from customers, then it is worth discussion.

mtrycraft
03-24-2004, 09:51 PM

Yep, psycics have lots of letters from happy customers :D
All the infomertials have lots of letters too :)

mtrycraft
03-24-2004, 09:53 PM

Oh, we do discuss it in a serious manner. Some just have a different idea what it takes.
I am still waiting for a scintilla of evidence that an audition is necessary in the first place. So far, all I see are unreliable anecdotes; worthless. I should try cables because?

Mike That Likes Music
03-29-2004, 09:42 PM
At the risk of inferring wrath, I have to say I like 'em. I recently bought a 1/2 meter pair of the "Plus". Maybe it's my expectations, maybe it's whatever else, but I like 'em. I'm running them between my Marantz DV6400 and a Cambridge Audio A500. It seems like the details are a bit clearer. And the bass really seems to have "cleaned up". I can hear a bass drum hit more clearly, and the decay of the note seems to take a little longer. It's less muddy than with my old cables. The way I see it you could do a lot worse for the money. Now let's hear the tirades!

mtrycraft
03-29-2004, 09:48 PM
At the risk of inferring wrath, I have to say I like 'em. !

Why would you think that you would get anything for likeing something? Hard to disagree with what you like :) I like bing cherry ice cream almost as much as chocolate or coffee ice cream :)

bturk667
03-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Rockwell, if there is nothing to discuss, then why to you always post replies on this forum?

Rockwell
03-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Rockwell, if there is nothing to discuss, then why to you always post replies on this forum?

To tell people that there is nothing to discuss...and 'cause I like you guys so much :)

bturk667
03-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry, I have never tried PS Audio cables. I use Nordost, and I am famliar with Kimber Kable. See if you can find a dealer who will allow you do to a home demo. This way you can let YOUR ears decide. To make the skeptics happy, say you did DBT, they will like that!

mtrycraft
03-30-2004, 08:59 PM
To make the skeptics happy, say you did DBT, they will like that!

You think lying will help him?