Scott 315D Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Scott 315D Speakers

dakatabg
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Scott Model 315D 3-way 15" woofers floor standing speakers. I am planning to refoam them because the foam is falling apart. Is it worth the job? The speakers are like new and hard to find. I am planning to buy the foam on ebay for 15" woofers. Is there any difference in the foams or not?

02audionoob
09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
I say it's worth doing to listen to them but likely not worth doing if you sell them. As for the foams...I've ordered two sets, from different sources, and they were the same.

poppachubby
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey man!! See some similarities?!? Dude did JBL make Scott speaks?? We'll have to do some research dak. Love these things but they're too muddy in the mid and high, yours? Can't get rid of mine because I have an illogical love for JBL.

dakatabg
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Well everyone is talking about those JBL speakers and I never was a fan of them! I had some good pairs of them but never liked them that much. I had a pair of Scott and I really like them. The high and the mids are very good and very good deep bass. It is just my opinion. I like Scott speakers and I just got those with 15" woofers and I am planning to fix them. I had a pair of Technics and Fisher speakers that look almost the same like the JBL you have and the Scott i have now. Do you know how much do the stores charge to refoam the woofers?

poppachubby
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Well everyone is talking about those JBL speakers and I never was a fan of them! I had some good pairs of them but never liked them that much. I had a pair of Scott and I really like them. The high and the mids are very good and very good deep bass. It is just my opinion. I like Scott speakers and I just got those with 15" woofers and I am planning to fix them. I had a pair of Technics and Fisher speakers that look almost the same like the JBL you have and the Scott i have now. Do you know how much do the stores charge to refoam the woofers?

Too much!! Here's a great link that's from a little place called AudioReview.com...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=5371

dakatabg
09-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks poppachubby for the info! I will try to do it myself! I already bought the foam kit from ebay so I will have to wait a week till they deliver it.

02audionoob
09-22-2009, 05:09 PM

If you paid the professionals to refoam the woofers and then saw how easy it is, you'd be kicking yourself.:mad5:

But...there's a guy here in my craigslist area with an ad that says he does speaker repairs starting at $20 and charges only $45 for a 10-inch pair. Maybe you could find someone cheap in your neck o' the woods, too.

dakatabg
09-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I will try to do it myself. I have to learn doing that because I have had a couple of time speakers who needed to be re foamed and I just threw them on the garbage. It doesn't look that hard plus I saw a video on youtube showing you how to do it.

poppachubby
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I will try to do it myself. I have to learn doing that because I have had a couple of time speakers who needed to be re foamed and I just threw them on the garbage. It doesn't look that hard plus I saw a video on youtube showing you how to do it.

How you makin out dak?

dakatabg
09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I am still waiting for the kit to come!

dakatabg
10-04-2009, 06:46 AM
I got the kit and I did it by myself. I did a good job! The speakers sound great and they have very deep bass.

harley .guy07
10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I have talked to alot of people that have a fear of the refoam kits due to the people installing them thinking they are going to destroy the woofer when in all reality these kits are a walk in the park and will add many years life to quality speakers.

dakatabg
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah I was afraid to start but I am like whatever happens! It was very easy, you just have to be careful the cone doesn't have to touch the magnet when you glue it at the ends!

dakatabg
10-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I just sold the speakers today for $150 which is not bad! I am going to miss those speakers!