Sony Bdp-cx7000ex Mega-blue!! Anyone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bdp-cx7000ex Mega-blue!! Anyone

winston
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
all access they called it. the ES series changer accept 400 disc BR,DVD,CD.

when connected to a home network,its Ethernet port lets it automatically download meta data from gracenote's music ID and video ID products to catalog movies and music.
Sony Say's it might be perfect excuse to buy more bd movies PRICE $1,900
IS THIS A :yesnod: OR IS IT A:frown2: anyways we finally got ourselves.. a S#*t load of a BR' player not surprising coming from Sony check it out here www.soundandvisionmag.com

bfalls
09-23-2009, 05:19 AM
We have both the ES and non-ES versions on our Sony Family Center website. Employee price for the BDP-CX7000ES is $1164, the BDP-CX960 $545. The differences I see on the ES are Super bit-mapping, an HD Reality Enhancer, S-video and composite outputs, RS-232 control port and "high-quality AV parts".

I'm not sure the extras are worth the $619. Sounds interesting, but I doubt I can get my wife to go for it. This year we've already purchased an Emotiva XPA-5, three Emotiva ERM-1s, Sony KDL46XBR6 and a pair of B&W LM-1s. I think this might be pushing it a bit.

pixelthis
09-24-2009, 09:56 PM
this fills a niche that a server can't currently address.
Gotta hand it to SONY, THEY HAVE BEEN STICKING TO THIS FORM FACTOR FOREVER.
And ever.
The quality will be there of course.
My 300 cd changer is good for storage and casual listening, has been around in my system for years, and still going strong.
The fancy smanchy crowd will always find fault with changers of course, but they are the ultimate in convience, and great for parties.
If you can find a place to put one, they tend to be rather large.:1:

winston
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
this fills a niche that a server can't currently address.
Gotta hand it to SONY, THEY HAVE BEEN STICKING TO THIS FORM FACTOR FOREVER..... TRUE WORD" Pixelthis!! my kids gave me the Sony 400 disc
DVP-CX995V FOR MY B-DAY last year it almost ended up on EBay...but for the Respect of where the gift is coming from... i knew i had to keep it Period!! Soooo after about six month's i opened it up, as i had gotten my SENN HD-650 i loaded 55 Cd's to burn in the snn.
that thing was running for about three weeks non stop since then i stored about 350 DVDs inside that big heavy thing' i also bought the key board and label all the disc.
If i didn't have so much crap all over the place i would have bought the mega CDP FOR STORAGE...and as you mentioned its rather large. but HT area is now missing two DVD racks AND I'M HAPPY WITH THAT. thanks kids