Onkyo TX-SR706 A/V Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo TX-SR706 A/V Receiver

Beema
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Hello Forum,
I am a new member here.
Does anyone heard/owned Onkyo TX-SR706 A/V Receiver?
Any expert comments on PURE AUDIO function added to this receiver?
The receiver sounds alright playing CDs with PURE AUDIO function ON.

Beema
09-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Sorry I forgot to mention, the Speakers used with this ONKYO TX-SR706 Receiver is Soundstage BFX10 & Soundstage 3D5(Sub).

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Beema,
This is an excellent good performing receiver that is a great value. It tested very well and got good marks by Sound and Vision magazine. I have one in my small getaway house theater, and I have been very satisfied with it pushing a full 7.1 system built around the ADS L300 mini monitors - a very difficult 4ohm speaker system to drive with a receiver.

With pure audio it shuts down all of the video circuits so it cuts down on interference from those circuits. The two channel sound is very clean and full sounding, and distortion free based on measurements.

winston
09-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Sir T the T
i was looking at the Onkyo (TX-SR806') i was thinking i might be a good upgrade from my pioneer elite (VSX-72TX)..... HDMI,VIDEO AND SOUND WISE ?? i found what seems to be good price here http://www.accessories4less.com your valuable comments.

Worf101
09-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Sir T the T
i was looking at the Onkyo (TX-SR806') i was thinking i might be a good upgrade from my pioneer elite (VSX-72TX)..... HDMI,VIDEO AND SOUND WISE ?? i found what seems to be good price here http://www.accessories4less.com your valuable comments.
A4L usually sells "refurbished" gear. Gear that had a problem and was repaired by the company or a 3rd party. If you're not frightened of said prospect... go ahead. I bought one refurbed receiver and regretted it.

Da Worfster

winston
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
DA Worfster"
thanks rasta i got so blinded by the PRICE and FREE SHIPPING that i did not see (refurbished) ya man that's a hit or mist deal (not to make a short story long) but i too feel the refurb. pain.....ya man' i got run over by a Harman kardon refurbished transaction that lasted 13 months with eight" 8' exchange,.... it started out with the AVR-310 5.1, AND ENDED WITH AVR-435 7.1,. subsequently i gave them a ***** as a stand up company for holding up there end...but it was not easy on my end.. so yes i heard that
Winston

Worf101
09-18-2009, 10:43 AM
DA Worfster"
thanks rasta i got so blinded by the PRICE and FREE SHIPPING that i did not see (refurbished) ya man that's a hit or mist deal (not to make a short story long) but i too feel the refurb. pain.....ya man' i got run over by a Harman kardon refurbished transaction that lasted 13 months with eight" 8' exchange,.... it started out with the AVR-310 5.1, AND ENDED WITH AVR-435 7.1,. subsequently i gave them a ***** as a stand up company for holding up there end...but it was not easy on my end.. so yes i heard that
Winston
Always glad to help!!!1

Da Worfster