Trans-Siberian Orchestra [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I just picked up tickets to see this show for my third time. The first time we saw them in a small venue that holds about 5,000. The second time we saw them was in a venue that held about 8,000. This time the venue holds about 16,000!

It won't be as good as when we saw them in the small venue. But it's always a great show!

GMichael
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Are there any shows you haven't seen?

bobsticks
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Is Al Pitrelli still part of the group?

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Are there any shows you haven't seen?

Wilco. Damn shows keep selling out before I can get my hands on tickets. :mad:

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Is Al Pitrelli still part of the group?

It would appear so. He's on the web site. http://www.trans-siberian.com/about/theband.shtml

There are two touring companies so that they can cover more ground during the christmas season (which is the only time that they tour). One group tours the East coast and the other the West coast. I don't know which one Al is in.

Chris Caffery has headed the East coast tour both times that we've seen them. I don't know who fronts on the West coast.

Finch Platte
09-16-2009, 02:08 PM
So what I wanna know is, what happens to these guys after global warming?

bobsticks
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
So what I wanna know is, what happens to these guys after global warming?

Al Pitrelli takes over the world....dude can play studio comping for jazz, compose classsical, and rawk with the best of 'em. Seriously, ol' boy is the best geetarist that none of y'all have heard of...

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Al Pitrelli takes over the world....dude can play studio comping for jazz, compose classsical, and rawk with the best of 'em. Seriously, ol' boy is the best geetarist that none of y'all have heard of...

Was he in Savatage too?

bobsticks
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Was he in Savatage too?

Yup.

I saw him in a lil' venue called "The Vogue" sitting in for Marty Freidman in Megadeth. Frikken amazing, especially within the context of the rest of what he plays. The man is a consumate professional.

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Yup.

I saw him in a lil' venue called "The Vogue" sitting in for Marty Freidman in Megadeth. Frikken amazing, especially within the context of the rest of what he plays. The man is a consumate professional.

Hmmm. I'll have to pull out the old Savatage disks and give a closer listen.

bobsticks
09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmmm. I'll have to pull out the old Savatage disks and give a closer listen.

...or, anything after Foreclosure of a Dream and before the twins. He has a great way of entertwining bluesy/harmonic minor lines between Dave's power "Spider Chords"...

bobsticks
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mc3Xxgg9UJY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mc3Xxgg9UJY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

I mean we're talkin' about a studio cat that has played not only with Savatage and TransSiberian, but with Danger Danger, Asia, Blue Öyster Cult, Vertex and Widowmaker...
and did studio time with Michael Bolton as well...

I'm just sayin'...ol' boy's got it goin' on...