anyone got the new Riverside? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone got the new Riverside?

3LB
09-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Anno Domini High Definition

Pretty good. I passed on the last one Rapid Eye Movement, not because I didn't like it (can't say it was much different than any of the others), but I have heard a track from the new one and I must it was pretty good.

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I didn't know that it had been released. Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered it from Laser's Edge.

FYI they have over 500 clearance CDs that might interest you. Lots of stuff in the $5 - $8 range. I also ordered:

Vanden Plas, Beyond Daylight - $5.00
Arena, Immortal? - $5.00
Threshold, Clone - $6.00
Ayreon, Day 11 (Single, includes a couple of cover tracks not on the album) - $6.00.

www.lasercd.com

Rapid Eye Movement is a great album.

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Laser's Edge is sold out of the Riverside. Boooooooo.

Mr Peabody
09-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey, I just got my copy of Lunatic Soul in and on the front of the disc is a sticker that said "Riverside Frontman Marusz project". Any one have this disc? I haven't listened yet but the samples didn't sound like Riverside, more spacey and even has some flute, I'll give more after a spin or two if anyone's interested. I can't remember the release date but this isn't a new release.

ForeverAutumn
09-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey, I just got my copy of Lunatic Soul in and on the front of the disc is a sticker that said "Riverside Frontman Marusz project". Any one have this disc? I haven't listened yet but the samples didn't sound like Riverside, more spacey and even has some flute, I'll give more after a spin or two if anyone's interested. I can't remember the release date but this isn't a new release.

I'm interested. Tell me more after you've spun it a few times. Thanks.

Mr Peabody
09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
One spin down. I like it a lot. I'm not sure how to describe it. The pace and feel is a bit like Damnation but Lunatic Soul is mostly acoustic instrumentation, I really need a between the speakers listen instead of in the background. The 3rd track, really, reminds me of Damnation. Most tracks are very rythmic. With some the acoustic guitar and bongo/congo giving a Middle Eastern flavor but it's Proggy so the rhythms may become more intense or stop at points in a song. To be honest the album leans more toward New Age than Prog but the vocals and increase in intensity in spots keeps it in the latter. I'm listening again as I fish for ideas. I think it's a really cool album. Amazon has some samples and they got me to buy the disc but now as I listen they don't do the album justice.

I know our tastes differed on some of the dark slower stuff I liked but I think this you might enjoy. It's not Folky and the songs may be slower in pace but very busy with textures and subtleties. As I listen this song just has an erie organ and a rhythm being made by hitting something i can't quite place and vocals, now regular drums come in with more synth as things intense.....

I hope this helps some.

Finch Platte
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Somebody sent me a Riverside disc with bonus trax a few years back. Just wanted to let that someone know I've been listening to the sh!t outta that disc lately. :yesnod:

Thanks.