Combination DVD/CD Players [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Combination DVD/CD Players

manlystanley
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Just got back from my pass through of the local good will store. Saw the same old group of boom boxes. One think that struck my eye was all the higher end DVD/CD players. Lots of Denon's, etc. I guess people are upgrading to blue ray and giving these things away.....

Best Regards,
Stan

poppachubby
09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
....possibly, or, like the typical electronics consumer, they opened the box and sat it on a shelf until the day it stopped working due to lack of any maintenance. I wouldn't buy anything like that from a Goodwill unless I was capable of opening it and fixing it up...

manlystanley
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
....possibly, or, like the typical electronics consumer, they opened the box and sat it on a shelf until the day it stopped working due to lack of any maintenance. I wouldn't buy anything like that from a Goodwill unless I was capable of opening it and fixing it up...

They were only asking $5 for them. So, if you need a DVD/CD player, I think it would be worth a drive by..

Best Regards,
Stan

Mr Peabody
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't hesitate if I needed one and Denon usually had decent CD playback because most of theirs were built to play DVD-A. It's crazy the good stuff you find in thrift stores, look at the collection Thekid hauled out of those places.

poppachubby
09-15-2009, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't hesitate if I needed one and Denon usually had decent CD playback because most of theirs were built to play DVD-A. It's crazy the good stuff you find in thrift stores, look at the collection Thekid hauled out of those places.

...you guys are right and for 5 bucks you can't lose. But again the kid is a DIYer and is able to open these things up and estimate problems. Just playing devil's advocate
and saying that in my estimation its 85 percent junk to 15 percent usable.