Pioneer CS-63DX [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CS-63DX

dakatabg
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I have the chance to buy Pioneer CS-63DX for $100 in great condition! Is that a good deal?

poppachubby
09-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Could be a little much dak. The photo doesn't reveal too much but those speaker panels look beat up, or maybe it's just my eyes. Also, do they come with the grills? A buddy of mine found a pair of these (at least I'm 95% certain it was this model) on the curb while walking home from a night out. He hid one in a bush because he couldn't carry them both due to weight. It's hard to say how they were cared for, but there was alot of deterioration on that panel around the speakers. Him and I cut them out and fabbed up some new panels and voila!! They sounded awesome and he still has them. It's early, but later I'll call him and confirm but I'm sure its this model.

Anyhow, long and short is they can be cleaned up easily enough. They are supposed to come with grills...without the original grills I would take him down to $40 being prepared to pay up to $75. If there is deterioration on those panels you can point that out to him as well, because you know where that's going. Otherwise these are super tough, old school speaks...solid, solid build...if the drivers are all ok then $75 wouldn't be the end of the world, but to me they are aesthetically unable to command $100. The wood looks a bit faded and no grills. Otherwise, you will have a cool pair of speaks that sound great and can be refurb'd...unique indeed.

poppachubby
09-13-2009, 02:32 AM
OK, I just called him and woke him up...lol. Yes its this model!! In his opinion he thinks you should pay the $100 so long as the drivers are 100%. Cosmetics can be done on your own if you're savvy that way. What will you be driving them with dak? Anyhow I googled these and found this listing...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/1370986510.html

This pair look mint for 275...post your thoughts...

dakatabg
09-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I went to see them and I am not going to buy them. The guy didn't have the front covers and the woofers had a little holes on the side. The cabinets weren't in good shape either.

poppachubby
09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Shame...I think I was more excited than you...onto the next pair my good man.

dakatabg
09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah I was excited too because I love vintage stuff but they weren't in good shape. For the condition they were he should ask max $50 for the pair!