Goin' to see Troy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Goin' to see Troy

MindGoneHaywire
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Homeboy's got a show in NYC. I'm heading over to the Lower East Side soon to take a look at some of his weird photography.

I think I have to wear a Ramones T-shirt. He hates the Ramones.

Maybe I won't post pics.

Harumph.

Actually...Troy was my first friend on this site, even before I realized what weird sh*t he listens to. Looking forward to meeting him.

3LB
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Does he know yer coming?

I mean, does anyone here have Troy's e-mail addy or home phone number?

Somebody's gotta warn him

Troy for God's sake man, read yer PMs!!!!!

MindGoneHaywire
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
He invited me.

He never said he was smart...

Finch Platte
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Don't get him started on gin & tonics.

Take pics of the pics!

Finch Platte
09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Does he know yer coming?

I mean, does anyone here have Troy's e-mail addy or home phone number?

Somebody's gotta warn him

Troy for God's sake man, read yer PMs!!!!!

It's on his web site: paiva at designshed dot com

Finch Platte
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I hear YECH's gonna be there!

He & Troy are like this.

Swish
09-10-2009, 06:58 AM
I hear YECH's gonna be there!

He & Troy are like this.

Don't you remember when YECH said 'Besides, I kinda like you' to Troy in one of their big prog debates. Yeah, he did.

MasterCylinder
09-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I met up with Troy in 2003 in San Fran...................wound up at a CD store.

Go figure !

Troy
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
MGH's juke box selections were horrible. All Styx and Kansas. And he knocked over my drink 3 times!

His wife is nice tho. She was constantly emptying his drool bucket. What a patient woman!

I only had 3 G&T's this time Feench. Then we got a slice at Joe's on Bleeker at midnight. It was freekn awesome.

And just for the record, that was ME that said that yo Yech, not the other way round.

Great to meet you, ya crazy bastid and thanks for coming to the opening and showing me around afterward. But seriously, how the hell can anyone live in NYC? Yeesh, the humidity, the noise, the smells, the bums, no thanks.

MindGoneHaywire
09-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't have known Vampire Weekend if they'd bitten me on my Sunday. Good call. Don't wait until 2046 to come back.

>how the hell can anyone live in NYC? Yeesh, the humidity, the noise, the smells, the bums

I think you answered yr own question. My eventual move out to the Inland Northwest is going to make for a difficult adjustment given my fondness for crime, filth, subways, and rats.

Finch Platte
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't have known Vampire Weekend if they'd bitten me...

Lol- niiiiice. :p