Struck Silver today...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Struck Silver today......

thekid
09-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Needed to replace a film camera for my daughter, the Art/Photo major, and being the cheap guy that I am I turned to the local CL ads. Found a great deal on a camera and while talking to the seller I joke about having used CL for audio but don't know anything about cameras. He says he has some old Kenwood stuff he was thinking of selling and could show me after the camera. Long story short he was the original owner of a Kenwood KA-8100 amp and a KT-8300 tuner. The tuner I have heard great things about and so I ask what he is looking to get for them and he tells me he will sell me both for $100. I ask where the local ATM is and a short time later the camera and the Kenwoods are coming home........ :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Have no clue where it is going but as you know I have an addiction for this older gear..... :D

02audionoob
09-07-2009, 07:41 PM
There are worse addictions, you know.:thumbsup:

poppachubby
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
...damn kid, looks super clean, how could you not for $100?

nightflier
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
The tuner alone is worth $150, and you have the manuals too! Great find.

thekid
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
...damn kid, looks super clean, how could you not for $100?

That was kind of what I was saying to my wife. When opportunity kicks the door down you can't jump out the window......

The pictures really do not do these pieces justice. The original owner seemed to me to be a very meticulous person. The manuals were kept in a sealed plastic bag and even they look like they just came out of the box.

I have only had a chance to listen to the combo for a limited time but the tuner is extremely good. No hiss or background noise when it is in stereo mode.

manlystanley
09-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Kid: You're the man!

Charlie04SiR
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Holy Crapola! Where do you find this stuff, kid??? Sweet as candy looking Kennies! :D

Charlie04SiR
09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh! And I am in the midst of getting a Pioneer SX-1280 real soon! I also got 3 more pairs of speakers, Marantz HD77's, Kenwood LS-408B's, and newer JBL Northridge E80's! :D

thekid
09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Charlie

Thanks!

This pick up, like alot of good things that happen in life, came totally unexpected. I was just lucky to be the right guy at the right time. It has been a pretty amazing year when i think back about all the gear I have picked up in just the last 6 months. When I get home tonight i think I will sit down and try and inventory what I have picked up this year and my total out lay.