Canton Ergo RC-L, NAD C370 and now??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Canton Ergo RC-L, NAD C370 and now???

pontusj
09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi,

In addition to the above i have a Cambridge DAC magic connected to my Mac mini where i output FLAC via optical or sometimes USB.

The NAD 370 is getting of age, it takes two- three minutes to start (orange light before green, yes ready for a check at the local repairshop :) .

But, also keen on looking at some serious upgrades of this system. Not so interested in multichannel, i do look at alot of movies but just dont need more speakers. My preference in music is everything from the delicate italian opera, acoustic singer-songwriter to the heavy drum and bass or techno music.

Can the Canton Vento 695 or even the Vento Reference 5/7 sold by several german online stores at very reduced prices (not the 5.2 or 7.2, to expenseive) be a good upgrade? Or should i stick to the Ergo line still? Does anyone have experiences comparing the Ergo RC-L more newer Canton models/series ?

the best,
pontus

pontusj
09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I menat Canton Vento 890 of course :-)

Hi,

In addition to the above i have a Cambridge DAC magic connected to my Mac mini where i output FLAC via optical or sometimes USB.

The NAD 370 is getting of age, it takes two- three minutes to start (orange light before green, yes ready for a check at the local repairshop :) .

But, also keen on looking at some serious upgrades of this system. Not so interested in multichannel, i do look at alot of movies but just dont need more speakers. My preference in music is everything from the delicate italian opera, acoustic singer-songwriter to the heavy drum and bass or techno music.

Can the Canton Vento 695 or even the Vento Reference 5/7 sold by several german online stores at very reduced prices (not the 5.2 or 7.2, to expenseive) be a good upgrade? Or should i stick to the Ergo line still? Does anyone have experiences comparing the Ergo RC-L more newer Canton models/series ?

the best,
pontus

frenchmon
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I menat Canton Vento 890 of course :-)

I've heard a few Canton's in my time and even own a pair of Canton book shelves...The GLE 403's which are a great book shelf which I compared it with the dynaaudio 140's. At the price I got the 403's at...discounted, and even at regular price its was more than a match for the 140's. The Germans have a fine product and once they are broken in are some of the best speakers on the planet. They just don't get much consumer reviews and are not that popular here in the States. My dream speaker which I will probably never own unless I want to loose my wife, is the $30,000 Canton Reference 1.2 DC Not only is this speaker absolutely spectacular sound wise, it is stunningly beautiful. Take a look here.

http://reference.canton.de/en/products/reference-1.2-dc.htm.

My little book shelves are some of the clearest and most transparent book shelves I have ever heard. Cantons do need to break in as they are extremely bright and boomy in the bass out of the box, but once they break in you will be very pleased at what you are hearing.

If you are going to get into the Vento series, I suggest you do get some serous upgrades. The Vento series is no joke. Please keep me posted if you do get the Vento and the serious upgrades.

frenchom