Stax SR-001 MKII System [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stax SR-001 MKII System

tgame
09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Has anyone tried these on? I'm very interested as I think the sound would suit me perfectly, but I can't imagine how the oval tip would fit in my ear.

JoeE SP9
09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Although I don't like headphones, I have tried to. I have owned several different models from as many manufacturers. None of them were satisfactory to me. The "Stax Earspeakers" I bought and kept for years are the only headphones I could tolerate. Were I to need and or use some phones I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair from Stax. I listen to music on large ESL's so I've gotten used to the sound. IMO "Stax earspeakers" are worth whatever the going rate is for any model including the SR-001.

mlsstl
09-05-2009, 06:49 AM
I haven't tried the model you mention, but I have an old set of Stax phones from the mid-1970s that I still frequently use for listening at mixing at my computer audio station. They have a sense of air and space that I don't find in most other headphones.

Obviously I'd recommend that you listen to them and competing models first, but Stax has always been a first class option in my book.

tgame
09-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I have now ordered the Stax 001. There was no chance of being able to try them first so it's a leap of faith hoping they will be comfortable for me. I have heard electrostatics so do know roughly what to expect of the sound.

I will keep a little account of my experiences on receipt and will post them here in case they are of interest.

Tony Game.