Beethoven baby grands [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beethoven baby grands

Bentley78
09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I am new to the whole high end audio scene, but am learning quickly. I am looking for a fantastic pair of speakers, the best I can get, for under 5k. I am looking at the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby grand speakers, and would like any thoughts on this. Are these one of the very best for this price range? Are there others that are perhaps equal or better? Any input would be appreciated.

frenchmon
09-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I am new to the whole high end audio scene, but am learning quickly. I am looking for a fantastic pair of speakers, the best I can get, for under 5k. I am looking at the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby grand speakers, and would like any thoughts on this. Are these one of the very best for this price range? Are there others that are perhaps equal or better? Any input would be appreciated.

Like all Vienna speakers, great build and quality sound. But in my opinion they are a dark speaker. Just make sure you dont have dark gear with them and you will have wonderful enjoyment. Lots of good speakers to choose from. Look to Dynaudio, Paradigm Signature's or Studio, PSB, Canton, or the likes.

JoeE SP9
09-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Can you be more specific about what you are looking for? What have you listened to? What are you using now? What gear will you be using to drive them?

RGA
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Throwing 5 large around - you really oughta spend a lot of time listening - and try to put the looks out of the speaker out of your mind. Giving advice on speakers without knowing the size of the room and dimensions, the music you like, the rest of your gear, and whether you want home theater or a 2 channel music only system will heavily sway what I have to suggest.

Bentley78
09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I guess i was not very specific. My listening is across the board, and ranges from classical and folk to hard alternative, so i need something with balls that is versatile. My listening area is in my basement, which is open. However, the area i the seating is arranged in is probably about twelve by sixteen or eighteen. As far as what I am running them with, thats actually another question I have. I want something good, that will be adaquate for now (i plan to upgrade in the future), and am willing to go lightly used if a deal arises. I cannot spend a ton right now, and the main investment is in the speakers. I am doing two channel. Any suggestions in this area would also be appreciated.