Watch out Spidey, Mickey's got a gun!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Spidey, Mickey's got a gun!!

poppachubby
09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
So it's official that Disney has bought Marvel Ent. Time will tell but I feel it's a sad day for comic book lovers. I am a grown man with no real stake, no comics saved from my youth. However as a kid I had stacks of comics, and the reason I had them was because I didn't want to read Cinderella, Snow White, etc. Hopefully Disney allows Marvel to continue as they are and doesn't PG it to death.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-04-2009, 08:50 AM
So it's official that Disney has bought Marvel Ent. Time will tell but I feel it's a sad day for comic book lovers. I am a grown man with no real stake, no comics saved from my youth. However as a kid I had stacks of comics, and the reason I had them was because I didn't want to read Cinderella, Snow White, etc. Hopefully Disney allows Marvel to continue as they are and doesn't PG it to death.

I think it is too soon to tell what Disney purchase of Marvel will do to Marvel. As I said in another post, Disney purchased Pixar, and the quality of their films did not decrease or change one bit. It is too soon to talk doom over this purchase. Disney is looking for revenue streams, not to destroy a franchise.

Would you pay 4 billion for a successful franchise in order to destroy it?