Cool or Uncool?!? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cool or Uncool?!?

poppachubby
08-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Let's face it, we live in a world of cheaply made earbuds. At best, overly fashioned headphones have made some strides but the general population is definitely concerned with "Street Style". Since I got my PA2V2 portable headphone amp, I've been wearing my K240S out and about. All I ever here from people is how big they are, etc. etc.

Is it cool to wear big ass audiophile phones out or not?!? Personally at this juncture of my life I am all about function. I figure with the sweet sounds I am hearing I get the last laugh...any thoughts??

By the way, PA2V2 is made by Electric Avenues, a small independent company...Google it and check 'em out, best portable on the market...

E-Stat
08-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Let's face it, we live in a world of cheaply made earbuds.
one with superb sounding IEMs. I use Shure E3s when I travel and work in the yard.

Is it cool to wear big ass audiophile phones out or not?!?
While I'm no longer a kid, I do chuckle whenever I fly and see guys wearing giant Bose headphones. Especially since they don't sound any better than the Shures, are woefully inefficient and look decidedly goofy.

Go for it if you like, but better still try some high quality in ear monitors. They are far more convenient and still provide good performance.

rw

rob_a
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I say keep wearing them, what do kids know??? so what, they prefer the junk at Target, you put a little more thought into sound quality.:2:

Auricauricle
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Even the PA2V2 marks you....You're drifted right into Nerd-Land!

Welcome to the neighborhood! My name's Auricauricle! This is the wife and our cat Bean-o. Who wants a beer?

JoeE SP9
08-28-2009, 03:06 PM
popachubby:
Real audiophiles don't care about cool or uncool. The sound is what matters.
Auric:
I'll have one of those beers as long as it's not one of those woosie light beers.:yesnod:

Mr Peabody
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, you're a nerd :) That must leave you with a serious headband mark in your hair, you do have hair, right? Aw... keep doing it, I bet it catches on.

poppachubby
08-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Hahaha, you hit it on the head Peabody. Possibly the best argument for NOT wearing full size....the infamous headband head!! I simply incorporate it into the overall styling of my hair...perhaps our million dollar idea has arrived...

hifitommy
08-29-2009, 02:50 PM
i can see using the full-on noise cancelling 'phones but on the street, NERDVILLE! with such good IEMs as shure and etymotic (probably better) i see no reason to draw attention to myself that way. people point and laugh now the way it is.

the etymotics are quite comfortable and isolate the ouside noise quite effectively. at about 90 bucks, cost effective too.

Auricauricle
08-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Well you can always cover the phones with hair and call yourself Princess Lea...

poppachubby
08-29-2009, 09:02 PM
hahahaha excellent....Princess Lea inspired phones...