Hello from a new member [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

2leftears
08-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Wanted to say hello to the community. I've used your reviews as something as a benchmark regarding audio experience. Thank you and I'm glad I decided to become a part of the community!

Happy Camper
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Hello and welcome. New myself and looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer. Some mighty fine rigs on here.

GMichael
08-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Welcome 2left,

Glad to see you join in. What can you tell us about yourself?

By the way, is it hard dancing on your head with 2 left ears?

JoeE SP9
08-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Welcome 2leftears. Are you left handed as well. I am, as are all the best people.:biggrin5:

nightflier
08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Welcome. So do you hear everything in mono, or do you just put both speakers on the left side of the room?

Happy Camper, do you hunt with that gun too?

JoeE SP9
08-28-2009, 04:26 PM
It would seem that you only get to hunt once with it.

luvtolisten
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Hello, Lefty, from a fellow Lefty.

JoeE SP9
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
A superior minority is what we are. Don't let those righties know how we feel.:D

luvtolisten
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
A superior minority is what we are. Don't let those righties know how we feel.:D
True....soon we will rule the world.

Happy Camper
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Another lefty.

This is a Russian roulette practice pistol.

2leftears
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome 2left,

Glad to see you join in. What can you tell us about yourself?

By the way, is it hard dancing on your head with 2 left ears?
Slowly making the move from mid-fi cans BACK to home gear. Sort of fell in love with the tube sound with my headphones and decided on going the SET amp route with my new/vintage home rig.

poppachubby
08-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Slowly making the move from mid-fi cans BACK to home gear. Sort of fell in love with the tube sound with my headphones and decided on going the SET amp route with my new/vintage home rig.

Slow down 2left, real slow......slower still.......ok, are you stopped?? Good, now re-think where you're going. I am a lover of all things old, analog and oh yeah, tubed. Combined with a superb set of cans there is no need to really do much else aside from eat, shower and find a way to generate some capital. I can understand that you want to add to your listening capabilities, but please tell me you're not turning your back on the "old school".
Don't leave me my analog brother, there's just not enough of us in the world, let alone around here. Chubbily yours, the Chubbster...

JoeE SP9
08-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Slow down? I don't get it. Actually, I don't get the whole vintage thing.:confused5: I want a system that sounds good. How old or new each individual piece may be is irrelevant. The past is past.:Yawn:

I am saying this because the vintage thing usually means a Japanese receiver with a metal front panel 2,000 switches, multiple knobs and dials and mediocre sound.:nonod: I didn't like the sound of most of that gear when it was new. Age hasn't cured the flat, shrill lifeless sound of that stuff. I suppose the next thing will be someone extolling the virtues of Pioneer HPM-100's.:yikes: They just happen to be one of the most fatiguing speakers I've ever had the misfortune to be forced to listen to.:ihih:

Sorry for the rant fellows. It has been a very trying last couple of days.:mad2:

poppachubby
08-30-2009, 03:25 PM
No problem Joe, I am here for you. Next time I would rather give you a hug though. Now you see why I need guys like 2left around. I get proper crap from alot of my mates regarding my audio choices, nothing new. Tommorow's a new day my man...

2leftears
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Slow down? I don't get it. Actually, I don't get the whole vintage thing.:confused5: I want a system that sounds good. How old or new each individual piece may be is irrelevant. The past is past.:Yawn:

I am saying this because the vintage thing usually means a Japanese receiver with a metal front panel 2,000 switches, multiple knobs and dials and mediocre sound.:nonod: I didn't like the sound of most of that gear when it was new. Age hasn't cured the flat, shrill lifeless sound of that stuff. I suppose the next thing will be someone extolling the virtues of Pioneer HPM-100's.:yikes: They just happen to be one of the most fatiguing speakers I've ever had the misfortune to be forced to listen to.:ihih:

Sorry for the rant fellows. It has been a very trying last couple of days.:mad2:

No rant at all. I actually reversed your scenerio. I bought the Shanling MC 30(anything but vintage) and after some extensive searching I chose a set of Dynaco A25's as a starting point, and thus far I'm pleasantly surprised.