Hello AudioReview community, noob . [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello AudioReview community, noob .

Happy Camper
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I am coming from the headphone community and think your community would be a worthwhile and fun place to spend some time. I hope to meld into your membership and be as good a member as I can be.

I bring sarcasm, humor, compassion, 40+ years of audio hobby experience and the desire to help the next generation along the journey.

I sell no product, am a fanboy of my system components and do believe in cables/power cords. I am not a professional in the field but am knowledgeable of the disaplines and willing to be educated.

Thank you for your time and look forward to knowing the members (which makes the community what it is).

:cornut:

d HC b

rob_a
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the forum!

JohnMichael
08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome Happy Camper to AudioReview. I am glad we have a new member who believes in cables.

pixelthis
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Happy Camper]I am coming from the headphone community and think your community would be a worthwhile and fun place to spend some time. I hope to meld into your membership and be as good a member as I can be.

I bring sarcasm, humor, compassion, 40+ years of audio hobby experience and the desire to help the next generation along the journey.

I sell no product, am a fanboy of my system components and do believe in cables/power cords. I am not a professional in the field but am knowledgeable of the disaplines and willing to be educated.

Thank you for your time and look forward to knowing the members (which makes the community what it is).

If you were "willing to be educated" you wouldn't beleive in cables and powercords.
NEXT:1:

pixelthis
08-24-2009, 09:49 PM
SERIOUSLY, welcome, I am sure you will find many on this board that share your superstitous beliefs.:1:

Worf101
08-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey Pix. We could use a few more bodies round here BEFORE WE LOSE THIS SITE!!!. I know you're God's gift to all things Audio and Visual but can you control your natural urge to piss in everyones cornflakes just a little? Can a person at least sit down and take their coat off BEFORE you start flaming him? After all he/she is entitled to his/her opinion you can at least give that a modicum of respect. Allow him/her to state their case before you start throwing bricks please?

Da Worfster

GMichael
08-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Hello HC,

Great to see a new member join in. Happy Tuesday to ya.
I believe in cables too. How else will the signal get to your speakers? Don't mind Pix. He's just... uhm... well..... Pix. (I think he took too many drugs in the 60's and 70's)

Happy Camper
08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I've learned thick skin is part of the mantle on public forums. Nothing personal. I brought up a sensitive topic in my opening greeting as a way of kicking the tires.

Can't wait to hear about cryo treatments, cable supports, shiny pebbles, etc. As far as drug loads and the good ole days, well.......:yikes:

rob_a
08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Please take no hard feelings! There might be a person or two not getting any from their old lady anymore, not saying who :ciappa:

pixelthis
08-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey Pix. We could use a few more bodies round here BEFORE WE LOSE THIS SITE!!!. I know you're God's gift to all things Audio and Visual but can you control your natural urge to piss in everyones cornflakes just a little? Can a person at least sit down and take their coat off BEFORE you start flaming him? After all he/she is entitled to his/her opinion you can at least give that a modicum of respect. Allow him/her to state their case before you start throwing bricks please?

Da Worfster

OOPS, made the KLINGON mad!
Lordy.
Guess you "across the pond" types dont get edgy humour sometimes.
Please don't hurt me, I'll behave.:1:

pixelthis
08-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Although you must admit, mentioning cables and power cords right off the bat is akin to
throwing a few claymores into the local nuclear reactor.
Gutsy tho.
And hey, didnt I give him the joker clap?:1:

GMichael
08-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Lordy.

You'll behave? Huh?:eek6:

GMichael
08-26-2009, 03:49 AM
I've learned thick skin is part of the mantle on public forums. Nothing personal. I brought up a sensitive topic in my opening greeting as a way of kicking the tires.

Can't wait to hear about cryo treatments, cable supports, shiny pebbles, etc. As far as drug loads and the good ole days, well.......:yikes:

Don't forget the pixy snot. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

Worf101
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Lordy.
Didn't get you were joking. If I over reacted, my bad. I just am all about making this place a "welcoming site". After a hundred or so posts THEN you're free to abuse the noob. Not before...

Da Worfster

JoeE SP9
08-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Welcome aboard Happy Camper. I'm firmly in the wires and cables sound different camp.:thumbsup: It seems that a lot of people who have separates think wires and cables sound different:yesnod:. A lot of receiver owners, particularly HT receiver owners, don't believe in cable differences.:biggrin5:

Happy Camper
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd take the abuse rule out if the noobs are coming from other forums. They usually have smartass scars already. What better way to say "Welcome" than a good asshat comment.

Thanks guys. :14: