where to buy Etymotic in USA/Canada? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Etymotic in USA/Canada?

nomis3613
08-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Hi,
My etymotic er6i's have died and since audio gear is crazy expensive here in Australia, I think I'll buy a replacement while I am in the USA/Canada soon.

What stores should I check out?
(if ordering online is much cheaper, I'll consider...but the longest I'll stay anywhere is 3 days so coordinating the shipping could be tricky)

Also, this is the 3rd failure I've had on ER6i's and I'm not impressed with the build quality in general. So if anyone can recommend earphones with as much isolation for a similar price, I'd be really interested in jumping ship.

Thanks.

Mr Peabody
08-24-2009, 05:32 AM
For online have you tried www.amusicdirect.com or www.amazon.com ?

I haven't used them but Shure seems to be ppopular and the upper end Sennheiser should be good.

nomis3613
08-25-2009, 12:18 AM
thanks, Mr Peabody.

Can anyone suggest real-life stores to go to?

Thanks,
Simon

Mr Peabody
08-25-2009, 05:08 AM
What cities will you be in? The best thing would probably be check Etymotic's website for dealer listing.

poppachubby
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I live in Ontario Canada, will you be out this way?

nomis3613
08-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Thanks guys, I should have thought of checking Ety's website for dealers!

My trip will is pretty unplanned (deliberately) but it will involve New Orleans, New York and then a 2 week road trip from New York heading roughly clockwise up to Quebec then back through Boston. Or something.

Probably not quite as far as Ontario, but who knows!!

poppachubby
08-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Sounds liuke a great trip! I did something similar years ago, began in Seattle and finished in NYC bunking with relatives all the while. With the major centers you're visiting you'll have no issues finding what you want and for a pittance I'm sure. NYC has crazy deals if you have time to shop around...