Quick Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Apollo1450
08-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi all, new here and just have a quick question to ask..

i have an onkyo ht-s680...which i bought on a clearance sale and love it...but i recently moved in with a friend who has already wired his "theater" room for his old kenwood 5.1 system.

i want to show him what a much better system can sound like but since he only wired for 2 rear speakers, and doesn't really want to run more wires just for this temporary arrangement, i was wondering if i can safely run mine without the rear center hooked up?

also how will it effect the sound? i don't think much actually comes through the rear center...but i may not have it adjusted right either...still new at adjusting them properly...

thanks all

pixelthis
08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
You're serious?
I have a 7.1 Integra (basically an onkyo) and , except for the time I powered
a sub with one, and trying out the rear center when I first got it, I have never
hooked up these two useless channels that I cant understand why the receiver companies are making us pay for.
Run one speaker, two, three, doesnt matter, especially those two useless
rear centers that (IMHO) don't make any difference anyway.
WHY CAN'T those of us that don't want to waste our money get a 5.1 receiver
anyway? I would switch to them in a minute:1:

JoeE SP9
08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi all, new here and just have a quick question to ask..

i have an onkyo ht-s680...which i bought on a clearance sale and love it...but i recently moved in with a friend who has already wired his "theater" room for his old kenwood 5.1 system.

i want to show him what a much better system can sound like but since he only wired for 2 rear speakers, and doesn't really want to run more wires just for this temporary arrangement, i was wondering if i can safely run mine without the rear center hooked up?

also how will it effect the sound? i don't think much actually comes through the rear center...but i may not have it adjusted right either...still new at adjusting them properly...

thanks all
Hook things up the way you want then listen and decide for yourself. You are the only one who can answer your question. Not using a rear center speaker will not hurt anything. Configure your system for no rear center and don't worry.

Apollo1450
08-16-2009, 05:35 PM
yea i didn't think it mattered..just wanted to make sure...i'm one of those people who like to be reassured :rolleyes5:

thanks

pixelthis
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
yea i didn't think it mattered..just wanted to make sure...i'm one of those people who like to be reassured :rolleyes5:

thanks

Well, consider yourself "assured".:1: