I am steaming mad! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I am steaming mad!

Swish
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Moving sucks to begin with, but I'm having to deal with a smallish living room and can't possibly keep all my cds and vinyl in the room, so I went through them and selected the ones I would most likely listen to over the next year. It amounts to about 1/4th of my collection, but that's not why I'm ticked off. I'm missing a number of discs from some of my favorite bands; Spoon, The Decemberists, and The National. I also can't find 'It's a Wonderful Life' by Sparklehorse, and it's driving me insane. I need to hear it soon and I can't even find a copy that I made for my car. How crazy is that?

I'm sure I have it somewhere in a box, but our basement is a nightmare and I can't find the time to go through everything right now.

:mad5:

A 'pissed' Swish

kexodusc
08-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh...read the title, and before clicking thought maybe the whole Vick/Eagles thing might have done it...hope you find your tunes soon!

Hyfi
08-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Moving sucks to begin with, but I'm having to deal with a smallish living room and can't possibly keep all my cds and vinyl in the room, so I went through them and selected the ones I would most likely listen to over the next year. It amounts to about 1/4th of my collection, but that's not why I'm ticked off. I'm missing a number of discs from some of my favorite bands; Spoon, The Decemberists, and The National. I also can't find 'It's a Wonderful Life' by Sparklehorse, and it's driving me insane. I need to hear it soon and I can't even find a copy that I made for my car. How crazy is that?

I'm sure I have it somewhere in a box, but our basement is a nightmare and I can't find the time to go through everything right now.

A 'pissed' Swish

If I had any of those disks / bands, I would send you evals.

If you have it, I just had Morphine for breakfast, it it was just the Cure For (my) Pain.

Good luck sorting it all out. I know it's gonna kill me to downsize when it happens.

ForeverAutumn
08-16-2009, 08:35 AM
I feel your pain. We were in our house for a year before I could unpack my CDs and DVDs. I'm still missing a box of DVDs that I know is buried in our basement somewhere.

I was more careful with the CDs. I packed them in alphabetical order and labeled all the boxes. So although it was inconvenient to get a CD for the year that they were packed, at least I knew where everything was.

Hope you find everything soon!

Swish
08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
If I had any of those disks / bands, I would send you evals.

If you have it, I just had Morphine for breakfast, it it was just the Cure For (my) Pain.

Good luck sorting it all out. I know it's gonna kill me to downsize when it happens.

We will buy or build in the spring and I plan to have an even bigger HT room and have all my music out and at the ready. I'm still not happy about it though.

bobsticks
08-20-2009, 08:29 PM

A 'pissed' Swish

...Whining like Al Gore at a recount...grow a beard, willya?

Mr MidFi
08-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Honestly, if I was dealing with such space constraints, I know exactly what I'd do. I'd rip everything to a high bit-rate or lossless format, put it all on a digital server, and keep all the physical media in storage. That way you'd have everything at your fingertips, all in one place, easily searchable, and taking up virtually zero space.

Just a thought.

Swish
08-21-2009, 09:02 AM
...Whining like Al Gore at a recount...grow a beard, willya?

It ain't pretty, although I am an 'Alpha Man'.

Swish
08-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Honestly, if I was dealing with such space constraints, I know exactly what I'd do. I'd rip everything to a high bit-rate or lossless format, put it all on a digital server, and keep all the physical media in storage. That way you'd have everything at your fingertips, all in one place, easily searchable, and taking up virtually zero space.

Just a thought.

...I can barely find time to take a leak much less go through the process you're suggesting. I will likely do that one day so I don't have to worry about misplaced CDs, but my life couldn't possibly get busier right now.

Thanks just the same,
Swishdaddy

Luvin Da Blues
08-21-2009, 05:09 PM
............A 'pissed' Swish

I always say, "better to be pissed off than pissed on".

jonnyhambone
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
"you know you've got a friend who'll tell you when you're pissin' in the wind..." ~Neil Young