In Bruges [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In Bruges

Hyfi
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Anyone see this dark comedy? Pretty cool story of two hitmen from england hiding out in Bruges, Belgium. The scenery is awesome as are all the local Belgian Ales that get sucked down.

There is lots of foul language in this one but sometimes it is actually to the point of being hilarious. One of the special feature clips on the DVD is called F**king Bruges and is a compilation of every spoken curse all strung together for several minutes. I watched this after the film and was laughing so hard I had tears.

I first saw this movie on the plane coming home from UK last year and loved it then. I just purchased it and watched it while kicking back a nice large bottle of St. Bernardus Abt. 12. What a way to watch.

Anyone else see and like this one?

dean_martin
08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
There was a thread on this a while back. It may have been mentioned in the Oscar threads too. I'm so far behind I haven't seen it yet, but I do have a 4-pack (down to 3) of St. Bernardus Abt 12 in the fridge! You just inspired me to rent it soon, if not this weekend.

RGA
08-14-2009, 02:31 PM
This was great - I absolutely loved Ralph Fiennes in this movie and the scene in the stairway. Weird Wild and Whacky. Excellent performances by everyone.

Kam
08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
yep! worf and me and i think rga or a few others all had loved it at one point or another in the past.

brendan gleeson and the scene on the platform after he tells off ralph rayphe raiphe rayf however fiennes, that lil moment when he's done it and knows what's coming. that's better acting (or a more real moment) in a few seconds then most people can come up with through an entire movie, imo. :)

Auricauricle
08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Definitely in the pile of "must watches". Cap'nJJ sent it over. The Marantz hates it, but SWBO's laptop is cool with it.

Go figure...

emaidel
08-24-2009, 04:13 AM
GREAT flick, and as has been said, the "F***ing Brughes" clip amongst the extras on the DVD had me rolling on the floor laughing.

dean_martin
09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Hah!!! DVR'd this and watched it last week (might have to get the dvd to check out the F*** Bruges extra). Didn't know it had a dwarf! Best use of a little person I've seen in some time.