Knowing [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Knowing

Mr Peabody
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I haven't really kept up very well with new releases so we picked up Knowing this weekend. I thought it was pretty good. The DTS-MA was incredible on my system. I won't go into details of the movie until seeing if you all have seen it yet. If you have, what did you think of the movie? I mean if I picked it apart there were some loose ends and some "just so happens" in there, but it has good entertainment value. Although I enjoyed the movie I don't think it will be on my future purchase list. It's like once you know what happened I don't know how much of that entertainment value will last.

3LB
08-12-2009, 07:56 AM
It was an OK movie, and some of the visual affects were amazing. I saw it at the theater, and yes, I'm afraid all movies of this ilk can be picked apart with regard to plot holes, but I didn't feel ripped off or anything.

nightflier
08-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Isn't it kind of in the same vein as The Number 23 (another one of those rent-but-not-buy kind of movies)?

recoveryone
08-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I was right there with this flick until the last 15-20min, all I will say is CLOSE ENCOUNTER OF THE THIRD KIND.