Overload [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Overload

bigbadburt
03-22-2004, 09:17 PM
So im sitting there watching tv with my amp on, all of a sudden out of no where i hear this pop noise, I look at my amp and its flashing overload. I turn it off and turn it on again and when i put the volume to zero nothing plays, but as soon as the volumes on one it plays loud and no matter how loud i crank it the volume does not change. whats wrong with it help

mtrycraft
03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
So im sitting there watching tv with my amp on, all of a sudden out of no where i hear this pop noise, I look at my amp and its flashing overload. I turn it off and turn it on again and when i put the volume to zero nothing plays, but as soon as the volumes on one it plays loud and no matter how loud i crank it the volume does not change. whats wrong with it help

What do you have inputted to the amp from where on the TV?

bigbadburt
03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Thats the weird thing. I dont even have my TV set up through my amp its just set up through my computer and dvd player. And neither of them were on :confused:. I heard from somone else it could be i blew the fuse volume fuse?

joel2762
03-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Was your reciever on at the time? That's really weird! Maybe it was a volume fuse...just wondering, what kind of reciever do you have?

bigbadburt
03-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Yeah my reciever was on as i was going to listen to some music afterwards. But nothing was running. I've got a jvc thb 60
http://www.jvc.ca/product-images/THB-60.jpg