hello again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hello again

very special guest
08-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry its been so long since my last post. I had a little accident a while back. But first, I would like to say I am a tad remiss that some of think I'm some sort of prankster, I don't know anyone who would make up such things about themselves. None of what I said was funny anyway. But I do thank all of those who have sent me warm understanding and welcoming private messages.

I said I had an accident, well, it was an ordeal actually. My so called reinforced toilet gave way underneath me one day and I became wedged between the wall and my bathtub. I was there two or three days before anyone found me. The pizza guy noticed that the pizza slit was jammed so he called my building manager. Luckily, I was found before I starved! On the bright side, my toilet breaking was covered by my insurance, so I was able to upgrade. I finally got something I always wanted and really needed. A bidet. Does anyone out there have one of these, they are great. They are great for the environment too, as they save on paper. I also got my Hover-round in finally and now I am able to zip around my condo!

For those who asked about my pizza slit in my door, I had it made large enough to accomodate a sheet cake. Between the cake and the pizza deliveries, I don't really have any need to leave my condo. My Hover-round is fast enough to outrun the neighborhood hooligans, but I don't dare take corners too fast in it.

Anyway, I'll check into some of those suggestions, and thanks for your interest in me.

02audionoob
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
For those who asked about my pizza slit in my door, I had it made large enough to accomodate a sheet cake.

Sounds like a saloon door.

ForeverAutumn
08-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a saloon door.

Or the opening in the door to a padded cell.

unleasHell
08-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeck????

Hyfi
08-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Yeck????

not him but the description sounds about right. The typing is not that of someone with fingers fat enough to not be able to hit single letters on the keyboard.

3LB
08-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I had to look up the word 'bidet'

I take it he's not referring to a "small saddle horse"

more info than I wanted - not crazy about the visual either

Hyfi
08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I had to look up the word 'bidet'

I take it he's not referring to a "small saddle horse"

more info than I wanted - not crazy about the visual either

Isn't that a drinking fountain in European Bathrooms?

nightflier
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Isn't that a drinking fountain in European Bathrooms?

Only for obnoxious tourists who ask such questions. Just ask the bellhop, he'll be glad to explain it.

On a related topic, bidets are also more environmentally friendly because they save on the use of paper. Of course, then you still need paper to dry off (just make sure you don't throw it in the bidet), but you can always use recycled paper, I suppose. And before someone comes back with a smart aleck remark about that...no, I'm not talking about "recycled" in one's own bathroom.

Oh why did I respond to this thread?
:crazy:

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Only for obnoxious tourists who ask such questions. Just ask the bellhop, he'll be glad to explain it.

On a related topic, bidets are also more environmentally friendly because they save on the use of paper. Of course, then you still need paper to dry off (just make sure you don't throw it in the bidet), but you can always use recycled paper, I suppose. And before someone comes back with a smart aleck remark about that...no, I'm not talking about "recycled" in one's own bathroom.

Oh why did I respond to this thread?
:crazy:

You might save paper, but you waste water.

Luvin Da Blues
08-10-2009, 04:34 PM

I could say "use compressed air then" but that would lead to too many misconstrued ideas.

nightflier
08-11-2009, 11:06 AM

Not to sound like a scatology expert here, but environmental reviewers have evaluated the impact of paper vs. bidet, and while it does use water, the amount of water needed to produce enough non-recycled paper for a single "job" actually is quite a bit greater, and that's not even considering the mount of pollution that this much paper would produce. With recycled paper, the numbers are a bit in favor of the paper, but considering how little recycled paper is available for common sale, the likelihood that people will use it is unfortunately rather small.

Yes, there are actually bean counters out there who study this stuff.

3LB
08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Not to sound like a scatology expert here, but environmental reviewers have evaluated the impact of paper vs. bidet, and while it does use water, the amount of water needed to produce enough non-recycled paper for a single "job" actually is quite a bit greater, and that's not even considering the mount of pollution that this much paper would produce. With recycled paper, the numbers are a bit in favor of the paper, but considering how little recycled paper is available for common sale, the likelihood that people will use it is unfortunately rather small.

So...how do you like your bidet Nightflier?

very special guest
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Yes, there are actually bean counters out there who study this stuff.

Don't let these non-believers sway you Nighty, they don't know what is to be refreshed after such nasty business. Let them walk around with TP stuck to there back door. :ciappa:

Save a tree, ride the wave! Say G'day to a bidet!

Auricauricle
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Do you save paper in a waste-paper basket? Um....(ffffffffffffffffp). Nevermind....(Hack!)

Hyfi
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Don't let these non-believers sway you Nighty, they don't know what is to be refreshed after such nasty business. Let them walk around with TP stuck to there back door. :ciappa:

Save a tree, ride the wave! Say G'day to a bidet!

I guess it's a good alternative if you can't reach your own ass to wipe it.

Maybe a nice 30 day Isagenix program is a good choice for you.

Luvin Da Blues
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I guess it's a good alternative if you can't reach your own ass to wipe it.

Are you saying anyone that CAN wipe their own isn't "special"? LOL

nightflier
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't have a bidet, but I've traveled around a bit and seen plenty of 'em. I know it's environmentally friendly and all, but not for me, thanks.