comments on current oppo dvd player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : comments on current oppo dvd player

Freewillisdead112
08-05-2009, 08:28 AM
i was thinking about getting this to replace my sony POS dvd player

I download music to evaluate it before i buy the real cd and this would be lots of help with flashdrive transport.

I already read that the drive is floopy, but for a buck fifty, i dont expect it to last forever!

anyone got one and wanna share what they think?

thanks guys!

TheHills44060
08-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I bought my sister the DV-980H about a year ago and she's had no problems with it at all. She'd picked up a new 42" plasma so I wanted to get a dvd player that would do the tv some justice. She's got absolutely no interest in audio/video but she really likes the player because it's easy to use, plays all her discs and the USB port is cool.

I checked it out myself and was impressed. The video is pretty good and it functions well as her main cd player too. The build quality looks a bit better than the average over the shelf dvd player and I know she beats the **** out of anything that's electronic so I'm glad to see that the Oppo is still kicking. For 150.00 I don't think you can beat it.

Freewillisdead112
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I bought my sister the DV-980H about a year ago and she's had no problems with it at all. She'd picked up a new 42" plasma so I wanted to get a dvd player that would do the tv some justice. She's got absolutely no interest in audio/video but she really likes the player because it's easy to use, plays all her discs and the USB port is cool.

I checked it out myself and was impressed. The video is pretty good and it functions well as her main cd player too. The build quality looks a bit better than the average over the shelf dvd player and I know she beats the **** out of anything that's electronic so I'm glad to see that the Oppo is still kicking. For 150.00 I don't think you can beat it.

thanks! :7:

frahengeo
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
thanks! :7:

Don't own one, but keep reading great things about Oppo. Also, if you ever in the market for a blu-ray, apparently you can't go wrong with an Oppo.