JVC RX-6010VBK - Set up problems [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JVC RX-6010VBK - Set up problems

ckelley1975
08-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me set up this system. I purchased a JVC RX-6010V to have music in our store which has severals rooms so I wanted to install 4 speakers, one in each room. I purchased the small indoor/outdoor speakers from Future Shop to use.

I have the two front speakers working but can't get any sound from the rear speakers. I've tried the many setting but can't get it to work. Is it the speakers? OR can't this system supply independant sound to each speaker.

Thanks,
Craig

Mr Peabody
08-02-2009, 07:50 PM
After checking your receiver's feature list hoping to find a "B" speaker terminal set or a "5.1 stereo" mode I've determined the only way you will get that receiver to do what you want is to buy a speaker switchbox. This really isn't the best either as in stereo your left channel will be in one room while the right is in another. I was in a doctor's office one time where they must have done something like this, I thought something sounded odd until a CS&N song came on I knew well and major parts of the song were just missing. This could be eliminated if your receiver has a "mono" button. Your receiver doesn't have preamp outputs either which could have been another option. You should be able to get a reasonable priced speaker switch box at Radio Shack though. You could just hook both pairs of speakers up two speakers to each channel. I suspect your receiver isn't made for 4 ohm or less but it should be alright if you don't normally have to turn the volume up much.

Another option would be to just pick up an old stereo receiver off Craigslist or a Thrift store for $50.00 or less with A/B speaker terminals and a mono switch to replace the JVC.

The JVC lacks many features but it does have a 5.1 analog input and could still be very usable as a HT receiver if you didn't mind your video sources going direct to TV.

harley .guy07
08-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me set up this system. I purchased a JVC RX-6010V to have music in our store which has severals rooms so I wanted to install 4 speakers, one in each room. I purchased the small indoor/outdoor speakers from Future Shop to use.

I have the two front speakers working but can't get any sound from the rear speakers. I've tried the many setting but can't get it to work. Is it the speakers? OR can't this system supply independant sound to each speaker.

Thanks,
Craig

MR. Peabody is correct that a switchbox is about the best fix for this problem. I would ad that they do made switchbox models that will enable you to run all of the speakers in your setup and keep the impedance at a stable 8 ohms. They might be a little more money but I bet your JVC receiver will thank you for it.