Hard Drive Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Question

BallinWithNash
07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Im going to get a external hard drive tomorrow and it doesn't need to be expensive but i want it to store and playback my music ... im going to fred meyer to get some CD's so im going to see if they have any but i can go to best buy ... what should i get ... i want it to sound good and be able to keep up to speed when i play the music.

P.S. my pc doesn't have a firewire port its a Dell Inspiron 1501

02audionoob
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Try a search at bestbuy.com for WDH1U10000N .

Feanor
07-29-2009, 04:56 AM
Im going to get a external hard drive tomorrow and it doesn't need to be expensive but i want it to store and playback my music ... im going to fred meyer to get some CD's so im going to see if they have any but i can go to best buy ... what should i get ... i want it to sound good and be able to keep up to speed when i play the music.

P.S. my pc doesn't have a firewire port its a Dell Inspiron 1501

I recommend a 1TB (or greater) external eSATA drive with energy saving features: an example is this Fantom at TigerDirect (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4083482&CatId=2429)which also supports USB 2.0. Use SATA if you computer supports it; it's a much faster interface and less likely to cause device conflicts or slow downs than the USB interface. (If you go for the Fantom, note that it doesn't come with a eSATA cable: you'll need to buy this separately.)

BallinWithNash
07-29-2009, 06:42 AM
yea my pc sucks when it comes to ports all i have is a bunch of USB ports so it has to be USB.... otherewise i would go esata because it is much faster

BallinWithNash
07-29-2009, 06:43 AM
and thank you audionoob .... i think im going to go pick that up today!

BallinWithNash
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
great recommendation audionoob ... thank you so much it works great!