TV Interference [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV Interference

ChipD1
03-22-2004, 02:51 PM
I have a JVC tube tv that was showing interference from my unshielded speakers when I placed them next to the set (corners of the tv were turning dark and had a slight hint of red and green). However, after i turned off my tv for the afternoon (leaving tv and speakers exactly where they were with the interference) and returned later that day, the interference was gone when i turned on the tv. Nothing! is this unusual? It's like the tv calibrated itself to account for the megnetic interference. will the interference return? i was going to move my speakers to a different location, but now it looks like they aren't causing any problems. why would this happen? thoughts? if the tv is degaussing itself, should it be okay next to the speakers? if I didn't notice the interference at the beginning, I would have no idea this was even a potential problem.

Thanks.

Smokey
03-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Most TV do have an automatic degausser built in. The trick is to turn the TV off and let it cool off little bit and then turn it back on. Degaussing circuit will phase itself out as TV warms up.

But to be on the safe side, I would distance the speaker from TV as to not inflict permanent damage. If discoloration gets too severe, the automatic degaussing might not work anymore :)